Chapter 11: I don't care if you love my brother or not.

Skylar's P.O.V:

It was my picture, from when I was about 2?

Did she know?

My eyes darted to Lucien's which had the slightest bit of panic in them for a second but then I saw his eyes slowly soften.

I blinked and saw that she had changed the picture on the screen.

Another picture of me.

A picture of both of us to be clear.

There was a girl dressed in a blazer, a skirt, school shoes, a little tie which was no doubt made by him, and a 19-year-old guy, wearing his suit pants, his white shirt's first two buttons popped open, and hair a little messy.

I think I was in 3rd grade, I know, too young, 3 in third grade but my brain was smarter than a 5th graders to be quite honest.

"Who's that Lucien?" Melissa asked him.

"Objection, Irrelevant." Melissa turned to face me.

"Your curious-self, wouldn't like to know?"

"I know who she is, I do my research, and she is irrelevant to this case"

"Why don't you tell us?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I am not at the stand so I am not obligated to answer" I shrugged

"Well, this is relevant to the case"

"How so?"

"Because it's proof"

"Of what?"

"You'll see if you stop objecting"

"Just doing my job awesomely, gonna sue me for that"

"Seriously?" She looked at me

"What? I had a feeling Thomas would do that"

"Sit down" She rolled her eyes before looking at Lucien when I noticed it was a video, not a picture.

Seriously Dad? You were filming Atlas explaining something about values to me? SERIOUSLY?

"Who is that?" She repeated her question and he sighed.

"Skylar is right, this is irrelevant"

"No, it is not, answer my question"

"Hold me in contempt"

"Lucien, you do not have that option for this question and you know it, who is she?"

"My sister, Melissa, She is my little sister" I heard him say at last, whispers filled the office and Matt smirked at me, one day my fist is going to meet his face.

"Where is she?"

"I take the fifth"

"Fine, do you remember that day?"

"Yes, I do"

"Is that the day you got off early?"

"Okay let me save you the unnecessary questions to create the background for the jury, yes, it was the day I had just gotten off, yes, I picked my sister up from school with my father, no, it wasn't pre-school, she was in third grade even though her brain could better a fifth-graders, she was three...now any other useless ones?" He half-snapped.

Wow, so I'm a sore and touchy topic.

"Did you love her, Lucien?"

"What are you trying to prove here, Melissa?"