Chapter 10: My Picture.

Lucien's P.O.V:

Walking to the graveyard where I hadn't been in over two months, I closed my eyes stopping for a moment and to my surprise, saw two bouquets under each of their stones.

My heart which was already heavy with sadness, guilt and hurt, had a small spark of hope.

Skylar was here, we never really had a big family and most were now dead, including some of our aunts and uncles, their friends visited once or twice a year, I had learnt the pattern.

I put the flowers down beside the other bouquets and pressed two fingers to my lips and put them on my mother's grave and smiled a small one at my father's before doing the same.

"I'll get her home, I promise, I'll try my best, I know I can't but she is the only one I have, your little girl will be happy...I'll make sure of that, no matter what" I spoke lowly looking at the graves.

I had regretted the decision since day 1, but I couldn't keep her, I was coward, I wasn't going to say something like she was an exact copy of our mother, she wasn't.

But she looked both like our mother and our father, too much like them to bear, and I knew for one that I could not provide her with a happy childhood, it was one thing, being with her on weekends and other to raise my baby sister.

The thought if I fucked up and ruined her whole childhood and life scared me so much that I would rather let her down and hurt her once than hurt her for the rest if her life.

After a few minutes of just staring at their graves thinking, I walked back out, got in my car and drove to my firm.

"Allison." I stopped at her desk

"Hello Lucien" She looked at me expectedly and I rolled my eyes handing her a coffee.

"What's up?" She asked finally following me in the office.

"Call my interior designer will you?"

"Which one? your friend or the one you called to spite Andrew"

"The one who designed the mansion"

"You mean your Friend" She shrugged at my protests of not hiring one just to spite Andrew and called him, transferring the call to my telephone which I picked up and opened the file they had given me on Skylar which was mostly blank, other than her name, age, eye colour, favourite colour...No records of schools, or where she lived or even her foster homes....or guardians.

"Hello Andrew"

"Ahh...Lucien, what do you have for me?"

"Not a whole mansion, just a room for a teenager."

"Huh, Okay, what do we have?"

"She loves Black apparently"

"Apparently?"

"Okay, That's what her file says."

"Oh god. Okay, what's her sign?"

"I don't know!"

"What is her birthday then?"

"Second October"

"Libra then"

"What's her age?"

"16!"

"What kind of a person is she?"

"Her file doesn't tell me that..."

"Does she get into fights or perfect track record?"

"Wait...I think they might have that" I said flipping over.