Chapter 17: Koalemos;The god of stupidity

(A/N: I'm double updating and I don't know why...(I dunno why I typed that....deal with it))

"Come on, let's go. They're in the conference room."

"Okay. Everything all right?"

"Uh, yeah, Did you get that power of attorney?"

"Yep, Let's go set off that bomb."

"By the way, where did you find that yaw drive anyway?"

"Pulled it out of the back of a photocopier." I answered her before opening the door and walking in as I spoke: "Gentlemen, as you are now in control of the company, we thought it best to bring a problem to your attention."

"How selfless of you." Tommy's lawyer commented

"I know" Skylar said in a serious tone before glancing at me as we chuckled together.

In sync.

I know...

"These are amended copies of the allegations against your company by the Jarvis Homeowners Association"

"Nice try. I looked into those allegations. Not a single expert has backed one of their claims."

"Well, one has now. Keith Whitmore. Who better to speak to the harmful effects than the man who designed the wind farm himself?"

"No, no, if he goes through with this, that company goes out of business. There's no way he kills his own company.

"You're right, he wouldn't. But I would, and as you pointed out, Keith's judgment has been impaired lately, so I convinced him to let me make the decisions going forward. I now have power of attorney, and I'd rather see this company worth nothing than let you have it." I threw another bunch of files across the table.

"This is bullshit." Tommy got up.

"Let him finish, something's coming.

"Ahhh look who has some brains" Skylar loosened her tie as I smirked.

"We have three choices here." I put my thumb up "1. We move forward with the suit, lose-lose" I raised my index finger "We can give you your money back, plus the $500,000" I raised my middle finger as well "or you and I can play poker for it. And I'm not giving you your money back." I put my index and thumb down.

I know, childish, petty and whatnot...It's felt good.

Yes, Flipping people who don't let you relax your one day/ night off a month feels good.

~o~O~o~

"Are you crazy? You're gonna gamble a man's company? for $30 million?!" Skylar raised her voice as we were inside her office.

"It was your idea!" I raised my hands

"No, it was my idea to make him take the $500,000."

"But it's not $500,000, it's $3.5 million. Why give him that when I could take it for free?" I saw her think and then sigh.

"Okay but let me take it."

"What? A minute ago, you were ready to fold. What are you gonna do if he goes all in?"

"Lucien, I know the odds of every card in every hand before it's even dealt."

"Pick a card in your mind, any card." I said my voice unamused and cold.

"Wh"- She scoffed "Okay, what, now you're gonna tell me what the card is?"

"I'm gonna tell you what it isn't." I took a step towards her, speaking with a small smile as though this amused me.