Chapter 19: Oh hey Allison, wait Allison?!

Lucien's P.O.V:

I rolled my eyes at last as my dearest friend finally boarded the jet, yes, at 1 in the night.

Allison had somehow joined us when we went through the drive-through...her car had broken down.

I turned my car driving straight down and parked in front of the mansion resting my head on the seat for a few minutes.

She's asleep" I noted getting out of the car once we were home.

"That she is" She looked at me with a grin.

A teasing grin.

"Shut up!"

"Oh no, not this time, what happened to the 'If you show you care, they walk all over you' and 'Love is a fairytale myth? If it were life Kol would have killed Klaus and Elena would have never been with Damon?' "

"She's my sister, Ally" I leaned on the side of my car looking at her. "My little baby sister I promised to protect and failed awfully."

"You care for her honestly, don't you" She glanced at Skylar before looking at me.

"Don't ask what you already know"

"I think it's nice" She said her lips forming into a soft smile breaking the comfortable silence that had settled upon us.

"What?" I looked at her confused

"I think it's nice that you have to care for her."

"I don't have too, I want too"

"That's what I meant"

"That's sure as hell not what you said" She hit me lightly

"Stop with your lawyer tricks."

"Okay okay" I raised my hands with a chuckle.

"I do" This time she looked at me confused.

"I care for some people more than they'll know" She smiled at me

"Those people are really lucky then, aren't they" She said softly before I bent down kissing her, her eyes were wide open in surprise as she kissed me back, her lips warm as I pulled her closer continuing before pulling away and smiled at her dazed look.

"Yes, they are" I answered her previous question just as my butler opened the door.

"Show Allison to a guest room, would you? she is staying the night" I opened the car door, and reached over picking Skylar up.

"Good night Allison"

"Night Lucien"

~o~O~o~

"Lessie?" I heard Skylar, she opened her eyes slightly looking at me just as I put her down on her bed.

"Yeah" I said softly not to startle her out as I pulled the comforter or Duvet, whatever it was up to her chin "Go to sleep, Sky" I rubbed her cheek using the pad of my thumb before standing up straight.

"Stay" Her request sounded more like an order making me smile in amusement as I pulled a chair close to her bed.

"Fanks" She mumbled turning so she was sleeping on her stomach, I let my fingers comb through her hair as I feel her relax.

She wasn't warm, or anything, didn't feel sick...yet it didn't settle with me...the colour of her skin, how pale she was.

Soon her breathing evened out as I called another friend of mine, a doctor.

Yeah Yeah, I know, Architect, Doctor, Painter...Too many friends.

"Lucien!" I heard her, after she finally picked up, her tone surprised.