Chapter 30: We both knew how it would end from the start.

A/N: Surprise! Also, I'm sorry if it's bad in advance, I've got covid and this thing is kind of messing up my brain.

Skylar's P.O.V:

~Flashback~

"They turn into stars" 

"They do?"

"Yeah, see that bright one, that must be your dad"

"Do you think he loves me still?"

"I'm sure he loves you very much"

"I thought Atlas loved me too but"--

"Hey" The young boy tugged lightly at the girl's ear making her squeal and then rub it with a small pout "Don't do that to yourself, okay?"

"B-But"--

"No buts, Sky, I love you, your dad loved you, your mum loved you, what if Atlas didn't? He's a very big meanie, and doesn't have brains, how can someone not love you, eh?" His fingers tickled her sides making her giggle.

"You mean I'm nice?"

"Yes, sweet girl, that's exactly what I mean" He pulled her closer as they lay on the grass in the park at that late in the night.

"Do you think we'll become stars one day?"

"Everyone becomes stars one day" He nodded looking at the sky.

"I wish when we become stars we're side by side"

"Me too, Sky, side by side"

"What if we aren't?"

"Then I'll fight whoever is in charge of thins thing till they let me come beside you"

"Promise?"

"Promise"

"Pinky promise right?"

"Pinky Promise."

"You can't break a pinky promise, kay?" She reminded him making him roll his eyes.

"Never ever, Sky, never" He said after still feeling her gaze on him.

"I love you Axxy"

"I love you too little sister"

"I'm a big girl"

"But a little sister"

"Oh" She nodded "okay"

He laughed pinching her nose.

"Cute."

~Flashback over~

All my life since Lucien had given me away, the only person I learnt to love was Axel, it was always him, it was hard for him to get me to pen up and it was hard for me to open up myself.

I couldn't see, I couldn't see anything but darkness as I was tied to the chair.

I couldn't escape, I knew I couldn't no matter how hard I tried because Axel tied me to it, and Axel was the person who knew me best, My eyes, if uncovered I was sure would be red, I cried a lot, sobbed on hours to no end.

It hurt, it fucking hurt, the pain was agonising like I was three all over again.

Standing there with my heart broken into pieces by the person I treasure most in the world, see that was the thing, it never hurt, how I was betrayed, or when, it didn't hurt, but what did was who.