Chapter 27: Not a baby, my baby

Lucien's P.O.V:

The scene played over in my head as I sat up in my bed, still not knowing how I got there.

How the child's body fell on the ground with a thud.

How there was crimson blood pooling under her head.

How the bullet left a hole in the middle of her forehead but most of all how Skylar killed her.

Her eyes, Skylar's eyes, looked nothing like their usual green, If I didn't know better I would have taken them for random strangers.

They were dark, harsh, dangerous, ice-cold...murderous.

How he could tell the girl was dead from her eyes which looked straight at him, as though blaming him for her death.

Saying "She killed me because of you"

How Skylar smiled and smirked.

How she put a dagger through her hand without even flinching.

And how she killed all those people, I saw it on the screen.

I slowly walked out.

"Luc?" I heard her voice and stopped dead in my tracks.

Her hand gripped my arm.

The same hand she held all those weapons with.

I couldn't breath.

"Lessie?" She spoke again, but I ignored her trying to take in air and let it out.

I couldn't.

It felt like the walls were closing on me, me and her....And I didnt know if I wanted to be with her or not.

"S-Stay aw-away from me" I shook my head "Do-Dont touch me, ple-please"

I saw hurt cross her face but I didn't care because I was scared, and I never had gotten scared.

Ever.

Her hand cupped my face "Breath, in and out, come on"

"Get awa-away"

"Luci"--

"I said stay away" I took a step back but lost my balance so stumble a little leaning on the wall.

"You" I looked at her "I-I cant believe you killed so...so man-many people....You're a murderer"

"You don't get to judge me"

"You KILLED SOMEONE"

"And I can live with that because I did it to protect you, why can't you see that?"

"B-But"

"You know what I'm leaving anyway" She muttered rubbing her hand across her face.

"You...you're leaving?"

"I fucking have too, because"-

"You are not leaving" I said firmly, murderer or not, killer or not, I didn't think I...I'd ever be happy if she left.

"I am"

"Not"

"Am"

"Not." It surprised me how my mood changed with that one sentence from scared to whatever this was.

"Am"

"Not!"

"AM"

"NOT."

"AM"

Skylar's P.O.V:

"NOT!"

"AM!"