Chapter 25: I shot the kid

Skylar's P.O.V:

"And that is why I win"

"I believe that's my line"

"Sorry, your honour" I said with a sheepish smile which he returned with a stern gaze.

"Miss D'Angelo's client wins, case dismissed' He banged his gavel.

"That was fine" I was stopped on my way out and turned to look at a man.

"James Zane"

"Skylar D'Angelo" He shook my hand which I had extended.

"Also that was not even 0.5% of me, 'I'm actually too awesome for the world to handle"

"Just like your big brother aren't you?" He sounded amused making me roll my eyes.

"You don't like to hear you're alike to the best closer this country has ever known?"

"Personally, I like to think I am human, and I don't see the difference between Lucien and a snake"

More like Bear

Shut up!

Wow okay, bad mood check

Shhh

"Well, I'm here with a business proposal"

"Nope, sorry" I smiled about to walk away.

"Need help from your big brother to survive, little girl?"

"Need a little girl to help your firm?" I asked my tone matching his "Thought so, now if you'd excuse me" I said walking out.

~o~O~o~

I looked at my resignation letter re-Reading it for the billionth time.

It looked perfect.

When I promised myself one case and I'm out I meant it but have you ever been doing something which gives you happiness? And then you have to leave it, because you might hurt other people, even though you love doing it so much...probably not.

Well, it's hard, what it is, everything about it from writing the letter, to giving it, walking out and the goodbyes.

It's all so fucking hard.

"You know where's Lucien?" I heard Juliet's voice.

"What do you mean where's Lucien?" I asked

"She means have you seen Lucien?"Melissa showed up "His office is a mess"

My eyes widened at the statement before I walked handing Juliet the letter, Melissa right on my tail.

"I know where he is" I said panic filling my body as I saw the pattern of the mess.

"Where?"

"His best friends took him away as a prank" I lied through my teeth before walking out again ignoring the calls of my name as I pressed the elevator button and called Axel.