Chapter 6: I mean that's a bit sexist, isn't it?

Skylar's P.O.V:

I knocked on her door and she nodded allowing me to come in.

"You called for me, Melissa?"

"I did" She eyed me.

"You aren't wearing a pencil skirt but trousers" She noted

"Yes, I am not particularly comfortable in them."

"Women usually when asked to dress formal wear them."

"I mean that's a bit sexist, isn't it?" I saw a faint smile appear onto her lips.

"Like if any day Lucien decides to wear a skirt, I wouldn't tell him it's not formal" and saw the smile turn into an amused one.

"Nor will I"

"So, why did you call me?"

"I called you because I wanted to know how you got Lucien to pay 3 million out of his own pocket."

"You mean other than the fact I beat him, Fire up this laptop and I'll show you."

"Ask me anything there is to know about the law" I continued sitting down on a chair.

"That's how you did it? you beat him again"

"That and Linda told him I was loyal which he seemed to value, also I am pretty mindblowing."

"I see why he hired you, baby Lucien."

"Baby?" I raised an eyebrow

"Well, you are still a kid." She answered walking over to the stack of files.

"I beg to differ"

"Keep begging" She threw a file

"Close this case."

"Sure."

"It should be closed in about 2 days, the hearing is today evening and if you are as good as Lucien thinks, this should be done in 48 hours."

"Okay..." I trailed sensing there was a but

"But...I want you to settle it quietly, by tonight, then join me for dinner."

"What's wrong?" I asked

"You'll know tomorrow." She nodded for me to get out which I did.

"What's this?" Lucien entered his office where I was seated.

"Melisssa told me to settle this."

"Huh. Interesting."I saw his eyes skim through the words.

"Why?"

"Well, it's the only thing holding up a billion-dollar merger, my billion-dollar merger, settle it quick, quiet and fast will you?" He patted my head and walked over his desk making me narrow my eyes.

"What is it with everyone treating me like a goddamn kid?"

"You are a goddamn kid" He said before realising everyone meant someone else

"Who else?"

"Well, Melissa called me Baby Lucien, Matt called me Lucien number 2 hint: I don't like being number two, Allison called me kid...I mean why?" I grumbled making him chuckle.

"Melissa asked you out on dinner, yet?" He asked

"Yeah, how do you know?"

"Because she told me so."

"Wait am I gonna be fired?" I sat up straight

"No, Johnson, Daven, Marwin, Weasley and the fabulous Me of course."