Chapter 5: Merry Christmas even though it is not December.

Third Person's P.O.V:

Skylar walked into Lucien's office, and slumped down on his couch.

He would have been surprised by her courage only if he wasn't used to Allison and Melissa both barging in without a second thought.

"I know where they don't want us to look." She spoke up at last looking at him.

"Did you get through all those files in one night?"

"Eh, I would have done it faster but I ordered a pizza and binged a bit of TVD, wait are you team Damon or Stefan?"

In response to that question, he rose an eyebrow.

"What'd you find?"

"There was a dismissal on March 12, 2005, but the file with the employee name on it is missing. It's our woman. I know it is. I'm moving to slap sanctions their attorney, possible jail time. That guy's not gonna know what hit him."

"Dennis. It's Lucien D'Angelo. Did you have anything to do with the March 12th, 2005 files left out of discovery? She yawned as He called and spoke to Dennis, the opposing lawyer.

"If they're here by noon, I'll believe you, if not, we're filing for sanctions." Lucien told her standing up after the phone call was over.

"The threat of sanctions is better than filing for sanctions." I said glancing at her as she opened her phone typing something.

"That's what I meant. Threaten, not file. Who would mean that?"

"You actually."

"Get the witness, get her to testify tomorrow, got it?" He asked her walking towards the door.

"Yes." He heard her voice.

"And Don't lose"--

"I know, you don't like to lose"

"I don't like being interrupted either" He walked out, and was soon walking in one of the most expensive tennis clubs in existance.

Time to land another client.

"Nice swing you got there"

"Nice to finally meet you Melissa says you're gonna sweep me off my feet." He said walking over to Lucien with his racket in his right hand, ball stuffed in his left.

"I'll do my best, Mr Hessington." Lucien shook hands with him before handing him a file and saw his face go from shocked to angry.

"What the hell is this?"

"It's you having sex with a woman who isn't Mrs Hessington." Lucien couldn't help his smug tone.

"Are you trying to blackmail me?"

"You asked my firm where you're vulnerable to corporate takeover. That's it right there."

"What do you suggest I do then?" He asked a bit of anger visible.

"Your wife owns 10% of the company's voting shares. You've been seeing this woman and several others for quite some time, how do you think your wife's gonna vote after she finds out?" Lucien said and spoke before he could speak again.

"My investigator got these within a week. What do you think a motivated competitor's gonna dig up in a year?"

"I assume you have a solution?"

"Trade her your preferred shares, which have no voting rights, for her common shares, which do."

"The preferred shares are worth $2,000,000 more."