Chapter 14: Hey Justy

Lucien's P.O.V:

Skylar is my Skylar, not Skylar Salvatore.

My sister.

I wasn't really sure how I felt about it, sad and happy? shocked and expecting it?

All I know his my heart clenched each moment she was on the stand, when she talked, laughed and hugged the guy who I assume is one of her foster brothers or brother as she put it.

All night I just tossed and turned, not that I sleep anytime before 4 am, but this time it studying a case file, it was more of the thoughts, finally, I got up with a groan, took my files and walked down, still in my sweats and sat down on the breakfast bar, surprised to see Skylar leaning on a counter, reading one of the books that I and Allison had brought, other hand holding a cup of coffee.

"Predictable." She said putting the book on top of the stack on her left and picked another one from the stack on her left side.

"Also staring is creepy, dude" She glanced at me taking a sip, and her eyes went back to the book.

So she did notice me.

"It's 3: 43 am, Skylar, what are you doing up?"

"Wasn't aware there were people from the court present here watching us?" She said nonchalantly, jumping on the counter swiftly, eyes still on the book.

"There aren't"

"Then I don't see the need to converse, do you?"

"It's just not healthy" I couldn't help but let the words out

"Nor is getting high with your boss, at 16, almost at 2 in the morning"

I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Didn't know you were my sister"

"I'm not your sister"

Ouch.

"Guess I deserve that"

"You do deserve that" She said putting the book down as well

"You know what'll happen?" I asked

"A beautiful mind" She picked up one of the books.

"It's obvious they are all hallucinations, The Cruel Prince, it's obvious Prince Dain will die and Cardan and Jude will fall in love, Brothers Karamazov already read, Plays of William Shakespeare I know them all word to word, Sherlock Holmes, again already read, Oliver Twist and Great Expectations read, Bad Boy's Girl the name gives it away, To Kill a Mocking bird, already read...though thanks" She shrugged walking over to me.

Isn't she supposed to be mad at me? Hold a grudge?

"What's that bout?" She looked over my shoulder onto the witness's face who was a prisoner, there were two.

"Justin's in jail?" She picked up the picture, I could hear the amusement.

"You know him?" I turned my head so I could see her and saw her freeze for a second.

"No, who is he again? never mind, I am ju"--

"Skylar?"

"My other foster brother" She let me push her down onto a seat and looked at the other picture and rolled her eyes.

"James too, fucking fantastic" I resisted the urge to tell her not to swear.

"He committed mass murder, rapes, and tortured people in very gruesome ways" She nodded sipping her coffee.

"Okay...and let me guess they won't testify?"

"No" I tried to read her but failed miserably.

"Okay, I am going to call a cab and go home" She got up "Thanks for the coffee"