Chapter 4: Sorry, that's actually unfair to rat's asses.

Skylar's P.O.V:

"Trust me it's not any one of them, I know both the privacy and Harassment law hand-books, word to word." I groaned my second night of work and Ju...I mean Chloe raised her eyebrows.

"Oh yeah, I totally believe you"

"Test me"

"I will"

"Exercise the duty of care, loyalty and confidentiality expected of a fiduciary with respect to securing the personal"---

"Data of a consumer against a privacy risk; and shall act in the best interests of the consumer, without regard to the interests of the entity, controller or data broker" I said in a bored tone

Somehow, I had gotten her help, with a lot of flattery, annoyance and the promise I'd pay for her food and she can buy whatever she wants, so here we were sitting on the corner-let table in the library, her eating some sushi which apparently cost $1,978....yeah I know.

"Well that's impressive"

"Then"--

"Skylar. Where are you with the argument yet?"

"Nothing" I turned to look at Lucien

"Well do something or I'll just have to assume that day was luck and you aren't worth those 3 million after all."

"Uh-huh" I looked at him with an unamused expression.

"Good, get done, don't lose, I don't like to lose" He walked out.

"3 million?" Chloe asked

"Yep, my signing fee."

"This firm does not give more than 100 dollars for signing fee"

"With the right motivation, it does." I said

"Look. It's no use, okay? Their investigation's by the book, we look like the bad guys coming in putting them under duress." She said after 15 minutes of reading

"What did you just say....oh my god you are a friggin genius." I turned the book to her and saw a smile come onto her lips.

"Sushi?" She asked putting it forward and I shook my head.

"I'm good with my pizza thanks"

"You have gotta learn how to eat." She said pointing at me with her chopsticks.

"Will keep that in mind" I stood up

"Thank you so much!" I flashed her a smile before walking out and rode my bike back to my pent-house and closed the door and dropped everything on the couch before changing into work-out clothes, yes at 2 am in the night.

Slowly I hand-wrapped my fists and dropped to my hands and feet and started with the push-ups.

Third Person's P.O.V:

"You are coming?" Skylar furrowed her eyebrows as she saw Lucien in front of her assigned court-room.

"Didn't I tell you to fix that skinny tie?" He pulled it, still not sure why he actually cared for the girl.

"I.....I did" She said making him roll his eyes before realising the reason.

"You don't know how to do you?" He asked, a teasing glint visible in his eyes.

"I'll do it later, I have a hearing."

"And you need to make a good impression" I answered it was true, first impressions last if you start behind the eight ball, you'll never get in front."