Chapter 7: See, I don't like to lose, big or small. I win always.

Lucien's P.O.V:

"Lawrence, what a coincidence! me running into you in your own building. I certainly wasn't waiting for you."

"Lucien."

"Ah, it's better this way. Your new lawyer won't hear what I have to say and be put in a position to commit fraud like you did to me."

"I don't know what you think you know, but it's wrong."

"I know about Sarah Layton. I have no idea what you're talking about. But whatever you know, Lucien is privileged information."

"Not if I found out yesterday, and definitely not if you conspired for me to commit fraud."

"There's no fraud."

"She found a problem, and you tried to"--

"And I fixed it, and there's no record!" That's all it took as I twisted his arm behind him and pushed him on his car.

"That's what a solid front end feels like, but you didn't make one, so when Frank Randall's car hit the divider at 50 times the force that you just felt, it crumpled and split him in half. Then I salvaged his reputation, all because you looked me in the eye and told me that your hood was rock solid."

"What do you want, Lucien?"

"What you should have done in the first place. Pay these people and make this thing go away. If you don't, I'm coming forward and telling the court what I know. Even if I didn't want to, I'd have to, but I want to, and when I do, Coastal Motors is gonna cut you lose the same way you did to me, so either you make it right on your own, or I will." I said twisting his arm harder before getting in my car and driving to my mansion tired.

Walking in my room, I glanced at the picture which was not clear, hidden so I don't see it when I don't want too.

Walking over I picked it up and brushed my thumb over it with a small smile.

It was a family, happy and smiling at a hospital, a newborn baby in the father's hands.

It was my family.

Skylar's P.O.V:

"Hey, Allison" I said entering the shredding room and saw her face go paler and heart beat faster.

"Hey Skylar, what are you doing here?"

"Apparently our firm is to be a client now...of some Liv Reichley."

"Blond hair, brown eyes? about 5'3, has an Irish accent?"

"Yeah...How'd you know?"

"I am Allison, I know everything."

"Okay" I nodded...only if I could go back to that moment and stop her from doing what she did.

"Why is everything so empty, where are all the associates?" I asked Juliet who looked at me with a really look.

"You know for the someone with a freak brain you manage to forget everything important."

"Do not!"

"Do too!"

"Not!"

"Shut up and follow me" She said and so that's what I did I followed her silently

"Who is ready Mock Trials?" I heard an enthusiastic yell as we neared and a lot of cheering and clapping as I entered

"What? Make belive trials? are we gonna play dress-up next" I said standing between Allison and Juliet in a room filled with associates, Matt, Melissa most of the other senior partners...and not Lucien.

"This is your debutante ball, the impression you make here will last"

"And let me guess, Lucien was"--

"Oh legendary"

"Shocking." I rolled my eyes.

"Lucy was a consultant, with Sader's global initiative, she had a few too many and decided to impersonate her boss, Blair Saders. This impersonation was recorded and uploaded on a social networking site. The next day she was fired. Blair is now sued for wrongful termination"