Chapter 1: There was only one

(A/N: READ THIS: The first few chapters are like Suits, and there is a reason it is like Suits..it's all in the plot, it'll make sense as you go on reading. EXACTLY! That's exactly what I'm saying, there is a reason it is Suits, and no she ain't dreaming)

Third Peron's P.O.V:

There was only one.

There was only one winner always.

Everyone knew that.

So did Matt as he walked out of the bullpen filled with associates, even though he was a senior partner, he had still taken up the responsibility to train them.

Pearson D'Angelo was the best firm in the city....even that line would be an understatement, it was constant competition among the Harvard students of wanting to go there even if it wasn't in Boston.

New York City was where this famous, top firm was located, formerly known as Johnson Hardman, it used to be one of the best until Melissa Pearson took over along with the help of Lucien D'Angelo and they made it the best firm in the state.

People flew across the world just to be a part of it, or hire someone from there for their own business or themselves.

They only hired from Harvard after all something Matt was proud of.

He cleared his throat entering Melissa's office.

She was, of course, the managing partner of the firm, like the mother yet Lucien was more of a son still...Matt and Lucien had been competing each-other for ages now, while Matt did throw some pretty big hits, but Lucien always seemed to win.

After all, Lucien had only been defeated once in his career, by a law student at Harvard when he went for a mock trial.

Yes by a law student, he had gone to Harvard to take up a professors case, when he overheard an argument going on and stopped dead in his tracks when he realised it was the same thing he had argued about years ago, but that wasn't what made him stop, it was the argument of the girl, who was not yelling halfway through the class like the guy.

As soon as he entered he saw the girl turn back, do something, grumble a little and then look at him, brown eyes, dark brown almost black hair, dark pink lips, it was a face he'd never forget, his huge ego obviously took it badly and he asked if he could complete the argument on the guy's side thinking of humiliating her but it backfired pretty badly, and even though he looked angry he was impressed and impressing Lucien was hard and very rare. After the agreement, she went up to the guy and he heard her say 'Hey, next time don't yell, improve your argument and well, don't a pussy and let someone else take your chance from you, even if it's your chance of losing to me.' He saw her sweetly kiss his cheek to make him angrier of course and him glare at her as she walked away not giving him or the boy a second look.

Now he was certain she had to be an associate at his firm, by hook or crook.

Matt neared Melissa's office and saw her talking to someone on her phone but opened the door anyway.

"Melissa" Matt entered and she spun around in her chair to face him.

"Yes, Matt?" She asked.

"Lewis Gunderson is here and I can handle"--

"Call Lucien" She said as soon as she heard the name

"Y-You think I can't handle Gunderson? Melissa I am just as good as Lucien heck My Billables crush his."

"He is also a name partner, so a little respect for him will be appreciated."

"I helped you too you know, He is not even a good leader, we all know he does not care for anyone but himself!" Matt was angry right now, Lucien had topped him in everything...and it was all because of that one incident in the past.