Chapter 26: Touché

A/N: THANK YOU ALL SO FREAKING MUCH FOR 10K!!!!

Skylar's P.O.V:

Nico, pulled his hand out of the way, as fast as humanly possible, the bullet could only graze his wrist.

A shot rang, just after a second and a scream of pain rang out, I saw blood dripping down Lucien's right arm.

"YOU TOLD ME SHOOT THE FUCKING KID, I DID THAT"

"I'm not a kid"

"Well, you're bloody acting like one" I tried not to show panic.

"Kill the kid or the next bullet goes between his eyes"

He just did shoot him, I know he wouldn't think twice before actually killing my brother.

"Hey...What's your name?" I asked the girl who was sobbing.

"We don't have time for that shit, chop-chop now" A grunt left Lucien's lips as Nico dug his gun further into his forehead.

He looked pale, and in pain.

Of course, he is in fucking pain, just shoot the girl child already!

I- I don't kill kids.

Lucien or a random kid.

Well when you put it like that....

A shot rang through the room, I saw the little girls horrified expression and took a deep breath as I saw her body hit the ground with a soft thud, crimson liquid staining what looked like white marble.

"Now wouldn't you like to tell your brother what the fuck is going on?"

No.

My eyes met Lucien's which looked disgusted.

Suddenly anger seeped into me, he didn't know anything and I did this to protect him and he is judging me?

"This is me, Atlas, broken, murderer, assassin, object, an object sold for a mere two dollars so deal with it, and stop looking at me like that while I have to save your bloody life" I seethed at him without any emotion but anger in my voice, I could tell he was mad too.

What for, I had no idea which made me madder.

I can just leave him to die here too, you know? Walk away like he did...

YOU WON'T

Obviously, I won't, I don't give up on people I love, not like him.

"Enjoy the slight freedom before I come for you" I heard Nico's voice and closed my eyes with a slight nod, opening them immediately.

"You know my sister has been reading this book, called the cruel prince? or king, whatever so as a parting gift..." The corners of his lips turned into an even smugger smirk.

Axel where are you?

"Here" He placed his blade in my hand.

I saw Axel's shadow near the window and swallowed, knowing he'd know as soon as Axel was here as soon as Ax stepped in...I needed to change his focus.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Put it through your hand" I saw Lucien struggle with wide eyes and shook my head in warning before letting my lips curl up into a smile.

I sighed.

It won't hurt that much.

We'll be fine. You'll be fine

You're right.

3.

2.

1.