Chapter 27- It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.'

It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.

- Rose Kennedy.

Agent Rahane along with several others was in IB control room, listening to comms with rapt attention as the Task force arranged for Haqqani's capture got a tip and was now heading to capture him. Capture, not kill or fatal injury. His mind without his permission suddenly put up a flash of ETF and ACP Mukherjee, and he was thankful she is in no way a part of task force or his organization.

Beside him the Deputy was breathing in a way like any loud sound from him will spook the task force. He turned to look at him, a question nagging him from several hours now making its way.

"Sir,''

The Man looked at him with slight bit or irritation.

"What happened to the arsonist in Nasir murder case?"

The irritation vanished and now he was curious, "What made you think about him all of a sudden?"

Rahane shrugged, "Haqqani's country's co-operation kinda shocked me, so I wondered what happened to the other foreign criminal. What's External Affairs position on it?"

The Deputy adjusted his comm over ears as he answered, "It's stuck. There is no pressure from RAW to bring him back and PM is not too keen to ruin political relation with Bangladesh."

He exhaled, "I never understood why exchanging criminals will ruin relation between countries."

The Deputy smirked, "You better start nodding to whatever the upper level throw at you, Rahane, if you want to get on top." Sobering up, he added quietly, "The real thing is, after Haqqani showed himself, foolishly if I may add, Government is not too keen on small fishes like Nasir or the arsonist. Their eyes are on real prize, not silver or bronze."

"We got Haqqani through Nasir."

"And now we will get Haqqani. Nasir is dead." He dismissed the talk, turning his head toward an operator and asking him to give position detail on the task force.

After 4 hours of waiting with bated breath, wincing at every gun shots fired and grunts of task force cum Haqqani's men, one voice through comms informed them they got the 'Prize'.

"I repeated, we got the Prize." The task force leader repeated, voice exhausted yet proud of his team's achievement. In the control room everyone cheered and congratulate each other.

Rahane only wanted Haqqani's interrogation to start ASAP. He has many questions to ask.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It was a sunny day. There was a murder. ETF was there.

Just another perfectly, normal day.

A woman was found dead beside a busy Highway around early morning. By the time the team reached the crime scene, it was midday and people are gathering around it, hampering the police procedures, looking eager and excited like it's an art show and not dead body rotting in daylight.

The woman turned out to be a lonely housewife of a nearby locality, who was heading towards the library which was adjacent to the park near highway, like she does every other Friday. A seemingly innocent housewife's murder shocked and intrigued everyone, and it was another circus when the team went to interrogate the family and neighbors. Safe to say, nothing turned out from the enquiry.