Chapter 3- Some people will always slip through your skin

Sometime, even if you don't want, some people will always slip through your skin and make you feel. Those are friends.

- -

"Madam is waiting for you, ACP Mukherjee", she could hear the receptionist's voice outside.

BANG! 5 seconds later.

she was not as startled as was Sameer, who was standing too close to her, which didnt look professional from any angel. before he could understand what is going on or compose himself, she entered, gave them a look and crossed her arms, as if waiting for them to pause whatever they doing.

Infuriating, Aisha thought as Sameer hurriedly left the cabin, shutting the door behind if.

"Social etiquette, Riya." she sighed, a disapproving frown on her face.

"Will take the night classes, Madam." came the instant reply, "didnt interrupt anything, I hope."

"None of your business." her voice was more defensive than necessary.

"Not interested." the other woman snorted in a way which matched her words in a weird way. Aisha shook her head, now getting up from her seat and taking step toward her.

"You are joining from today." she started, her fingers itching to rub her temple and soothe a headache which is threatening to become migraine. her sub conscious self was expecting a mocking reply maybe, thats why she stopped to give a look at the other woman, who raised her brow slightly, as if asking 'What you expect me to say?'

"My team, they are efficient." she continued, "as you have seen in the last case. work as a group. they are like a closely adjoined family, and you dont work in team. I am not sure how Raghu sir thought it will be a good idea for you to join here."

she again expected Riya to say something, but nothing came up. she continued to stare at her, and she didnt understand whats this about, like so many other time.

"But I am not going to question him. You will now work with them, so i expect you to adjust and start working with team. No going solo, sharing information and work in a group. Is that understood?" she used her Director voice with a challenging look.

of course, it had the opposite effect.

"Is that an order?"

"Will you obey if I say yes?" her voice was little bit strained.

"I will try to behave." there was a smirk, with a promise it wont be what it looks like.

Aisha sighed, shaking her head, "Lets go and introduce you to everyone officially."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rawte frowned, exhaled an irritating sigh and put the phone back in his pocket, suddenly feeling out of breath. he barely turned to go inside the discussion room when he collided with Sameer.

"Watch where you going!" his voice was louder than needed. Sameer opened his mouth to explain, but closed at it, taking in his friend's frown-y face.

"Whats wrong?"

"Your best friend." he answered w/o missing a beat, exhaling once again.

"Let me guess, dinner with parents?"

the other man nodded, "i am canceling it since 6 days. she gave an ultimatum."

Sameer scoffed, "its obvious what she is implying. she is expecting a ring."

Rawte gave a look, "as if i dont know."

"Then why you are not doing it?"

"I dont know."