Chapter 15 - Before you know

Before you know, you are in the middle of it.

-

Brain and Time has an interesting relationship. When brain wants time to slow down, to have it stretched, it shoots right past the brain in 300 KMPH speed, like it happens during exams, coming under a car, or finishing a deadline in Office. And when Brain wants time to just shoot past it in 300 KMPH speed, time beats a freaking cow cartridge, 1 hour feels like 5 hours, one whole day feels like an eternity.

Time is a mean Son of a bitch.

It's been 5 days since that agony filled journey to Johny's and her subsequent break down, and since the day ACP Mukherjee had no contact from either Raghu sir or any other officer. Either she can't reach them, or always the damn PA receiving her phone calls to Sir's both phone. What's the point of a personal number if a PA can have access to it? She, several times, wanted to go herself to that abandoned police quarter, but one part of her dreaded to break down like the last time, or kill this time Johny for good.

Yeah, these 5 days had been hard.

Work was also slow, and the only way she can channelize some of her frustration was to do complete paper work. It was like everything and everyone conspiring against her, when she was in such a bad shape, mentally. One part of her was dying to yell and shout at everyone, just to blow off steam, but then decided against it. Her team mates were always civil to her and they don't deserve to suffer, already giving her space and tip toeing around her because of her brooding. And besides, what will the difference between him and her Boss if she also started to yell at others because of her personal frustration?

Her Boss, another reason to add in her list of frustrations.

She is not blind. Sure, she don't give a damn when it come to others or don't poke her nose into other matters, but hey, if someone continuously rubbing something on your face without any fault of yours, you have to take a notice. Ever since the day in Gym she had confessed about her future planning that she will leave ETF someday, he had become colder to her, avoding her when they are alone, and always looks like he wants to yell at her just for anything, but composing himself. Even with her less than civil behavior from many days, she was sure it was due to that day in Gym.

Today, she was punishing the poor pen and pages of a file while finishing the report of some case she never even was a part of, when finally Universe took pity on her and a new case arrived. She literally took a breath of fresh air when she came out of SUV and headed for crime scene, finally a way to channelize her inner restlessness and not by brooding.

The man was found dead in his study room floor, in his 60s, an Event manager with no suspect to link to his death. It looked like he had a heart attack, but he had no heart disease, and during TOD (6 AM) he never called for anyone, even if everyone was present in home. The odd circumstances demanded police investigation, and when Liza checked the body it was found he died due to gas poisoning.

"So what, it's like the gas is still here?" Sakshi gulped, looking around as if she can spot the poisonous gas, "We are also getting poisoned?"

"Chill." The Forensic head smiled as she went back to check the body, "They opened the door and windows. The gas is out, so I think you are safe."

After some minutes, while the team checked the study and rest of the house for anything which can be linked to his murder, Liza informed she can't say which gas it is without doing autopsy. Rawte kneeled beside the body and opened it's one eye.

"There are high chances it is Carbon mono oxide." Sameer said.

"It's Sulfar di oxide." The Second in command commented as he got up, to which everyone raised their eyes.