Chapter 18- There is no right or wrong in this World.

There is no right or wrong in this World. It's all Grey.

--

From childhood, the seeds of right and wrong are saw in our little minds. The world becomes our teacher, parents, their friends, our teachers, even neighbor aunty tells us what we should do and not do. We have some specific schedules, what we have to do, and everyone tells us the rules.

But as we grow up, the lines of right and wrong just doesn't add up with our conscience. It's not like during childhood the conscience was not there, but there were too much voices in our heads which directed our course. In childhood, not doing homework was wrong, but in adulthood, not doing homework because our best friend didn't finish his was good enough reason not to be wrong. It was not right, but it was not wrong either. We come out of the listed rules and situations, and the Universe lets it's children out to find their destiny. We come across situations we have to handle ourselves, about whom there are no voices or guidelines. So the pre-existed right and wrong lines didn't exist anymore. Each individual had their own right and wrong.

Like to Crime journo Sakshi Anand, solving crime is right. To solve crime, manipulating suspects and hacking their cells and bank records was right as well. But she drew the line when it comes to torturing during interrogation. Granted, the person enduring torture was most likely the guilty at that time, but no police or law enforcement had the right to torture someone. It violated human rights on so many level.

She was in her field from years. Mention of torture was not new to her. But after her collab with ETF she saw first hand the tortures. Sure, they stood by law most of time but Chotu was always eager to use his strength to fullest only to hurry up the case's speed. He was not life threatening, but it was unacceptable to her. Soon she was used to it and no longer flinched when he stepped to provide muscle when some suspect was being too tough. Discomfort of Shree, another fellow ETFian to his friend cum colleague's attitude helped as well.

She was horrified when ACP Mukherjee came to picture. From the moment they both crossed each other's path, she was rude and indifferent to her and the crime journo had to bear the burnt when she did some background searches to quench her thirst of curiosity about the mysterious ACP and the latter found out about that. Never in her life did she come across a person like her who had no regard for other's feeling and no self consciousness about other's opinion on her. To add more to the horror and discomfort, the ACP's attitude to physical violence was something she could not grasp even after all these months. Sure, she helped during cases and had sharp observations, but when it comes to using strength, none could beat her. It was astonishing to see a woman weight only some 60 KG was so efficient and brutal in her actions, it's like she was taught to hurt people. Maybe she was exeggerating, but she felt like that.

Today, they just closed another case and the guilty came out of interrogation room grunting in pain. The ACP had a special liking for thumbs when it come to torture, from the very first day in ETF, and today was no different. After the torture she also made sure the guilty doesn't mention the torture and say the pain was due to the elevator, his finger coming between the doors, and Sakshi had to admit, she was even more menacing when she is threatening in her low quiet voice, experiencing it herself first hand. Sameer made a remark about the infamous Elevator of ETF which causing pain to Criminals only when the police took the guilty out, and she felt sick.

"Don't you think it's getting too much?" She asked one day to the Second in command, who looked at her sharply at the question.

"What?"

"The torture. Earlier it was ocassionally, but now in almost every case you guys are doing it."

"It's not our fault the people are being so difficult." he remarked dryly, not liking the topic of conversation. He never liked her presence in this team, but since that background search, he was more distant and cold to her, which most of the time she tried to overlook and failed.