Chapter 11- Danger is everywhere

Danger is everywhere. We don't invite them, or walk right into them. We just cross paths with them.

-

the explosion happened some 200 meter away from the crime scene ETF found, nobody was injured but everyone was spooked and police was around to look for anything suspicious. suddenly a normal day with bizarre crime scene was turned upside down as the crime journo of team puked on the ground and behind her stood awkwardly the IT head and commando with water bottle.

now they all could see where was the body and guts that was missing from the first crime scene.

Even Liza and her team were having hard time to be indifferent to scene and examine everything. they don't know, and maybe won't know, if the man or woman was alive when the bomb went off or not. they won't know if this was some suicide bomber. the bomb was so powerful that all they could find pieces of body, the crime scene was all but some metals and blood and guts.

Director was here and so the last remaining member of the team, and of course, she had to look unaffected when everyone was not doing too well in that department. she kneeled side by side with forensic team, looked over the whatever remained evidences, frowned, already forming theories when rest of them were too busy to control the urge to vomit all over the place and contaminate the crime scene. Her eyes were glued to the vans as forensics left the crime scene and rest of team behind and Director was going over possibilities with the team.

"It looks like some terrorist organization work, but why exploding a bomb this much powerful in middle of nowhere?" Sameer was saying to rest of them "the amount of blood we found in last crime scene indicated the person, whose . . . " he paused, eyes going over crime scene, "remains, we found here, was already injured enough or possibly dead. that doesn't explain why the bomb didn't explode earlier? why exploded later?"

"you don't think someone was watching the first crime scene do you?" The Director asked, trying to be calm but all could see she was assuming the worst, some lunatic after her team.

"Maybe it was time bomb." the second in command answered, "maybe it was the plan, to gather attention. I think we should put the city on orange alert, and keep an eye on everything."

they went through every possibility for the next 20 minutes, and then left for ETF. in the discussion room they talked for some more time, and Rawte could see the restlessness which was in Riya since the crime scene on full alert until she could not take it anymore and excused herself rather rudely, earning the suspicious and disapproving looks.

as if she cares.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Getting the remains of bomb from forensic department was piece of cake, really, but ACP Mukherjee could not manage to get them out of the lab and be alone with them. there was no possibility of radiation from the pieces, neither they were toxic, yet Liza won't let her take any risk by taking them away from lab. so she had all the remains of bomb, a far off table with every equipment of the lab, and total silence to work with.

still she would have liked a room with the bomb pieces only.

she was itching to get her hands on the evidence since they left the crime scene, and the impulse was growing by second. now the impulse had died down and all she had was a steady determination, to get everything from these remains.

when everyone was busy to check their urge to vomit at the sight, she noticed at the first glance, rather interestingly, that the bomb pieces were not as damaged as it should be. sure, it had fallen apart and pieces and wires were all over the place, but when the body was so badly damaged that they can barely get a single finger from it, the bomb had survived. it should not have happened. it just doesn't add up.