Chapter 20- Willpower has the ability

Willpower has the ability to bring someone to his/her knees . . . a little bit knowledge won't hurt too.

--

Special Agent Vir Rahane absolutely hates hindrance.

Everybody knows it. From a faulty tire to software crash, he hates these small things, or, the things which stand between him and his work. Like many of his superior, he is a total workaholic with no social life. As he dedicated his life to his work, to everyday surveillance of assets and occasional National security, he expects everything and everyone to go as he pleases, provides him support. In the due course, he sometimes forgets the world doesn't move, or will move, just because he wants it in his own way.

He is yet to know it fully.

Coming to work in Intelligence agency was a natural course for him. There was no second career option for him, and he was adamant he will be here, of course his hard work and tenacity paved the way too. His father was a founding member of RAW, when it split from IB and became an independent agency of its own. He wanted to work in that agency, wanted the best of both worlds, so he did. Today he is a liasion Agent, a bridge between RAW and IB.

Past several weeks were unusual for him, to say the least. His superiors sent him to talk to ETF Director one day about some surveillance they were doing on an asset way before he even joined Agency. He only knew one thing, the man was Agency asset and none else was allowed to go near him. It was enough for him, and he made the Director understand it as best as he could. Later, he thought, The Director looked slightly surprised when he mentioned about accessing RAW database. But he didn't pay much attention to it.

But he should have.

Some weeks later his superiors ordered him to talk to an officer from ETF, who has a direct connection with the asset. He put his foot down and demanded to know what exactly is going on, because it's the second time he was in contact with another ETF officer, and whatever is going on between the Agency and ETF, they sure as hell know things which he is unknown to. He never goes out with half knowledge and won't want to be on back foot.

So his superiors told him, and he realized this was exactly the kind of hindrance he hates. Human hindrance.

So some low ranking officer is messing around the most powerful and discreet agency of country, going as far as provoking them to show their cards. If he was another Man, he would have applauded at the audacity, but as an officer who plays by law and loyal dog, it was a nuisance and point of irritation for him. His superiors had the clear order to eliminate the threat, so he will. No other choice.

He looked over the papers his co-workers provided him, as he stood outside the Interrogation room of IB and looked inside through the glass wall. Inside, the woman was drumming her fingers on the edge of table, her face hidden by hair which was tied and brought to a side, eyes looking somewhere down but not looking at all. He could see the wheels in her mind turning, but he could see she was not a least bit nervous about this whole arrangement. Why would she, she was the one asking for it. A part of his mind said Agency took this step in a hurry, playing by her rules and bringing her inside, but then, if they did, that's because the asset and big picture was something important. His superiors didn't say what, though.

ACP Riya Mukherjee. DOB 4th April. Mid twenties. Born and brought up in Hydrabad. Father is a Hotel tycoon. Has two siblings. Served in Mumbai Bomb squad, before transferred to Investigation Department for not abiding rules. Resigned due to personal problems, MIA for 3 years which has no records. Joined Emergency Task Force ETF 11 Months ago. The Director, Aisha Kapoor, was her room mate in Police Academy, later served with her. Commissioner Raghu Ram personally recommended this addition.