Chapter 5 - We are the master of our own destiny

We are the master of our own destiny, but we can't control our heart. So, maybe, there is someone up there who fix a tiny part of our destiny. . .

- -

"Tell me about my love life!" was the excited squeal of Sakshi.

"Seriously?" was the response of Sameer, with the eye roll of Rawte and widen eyes of Mukherjee, followed by a small mocking smirk and looking away with disbelieve.

ETF got a new case today, murder in a Fair. The fortune telling Old lady was the witness of crime, the shooting of a 40 year old Female attorney. she already talked to local police, ETF was here to know more.

The fortune telling lady motioned the crime journo to sit, which she did, and immediatly offering her palm. behind her the trio looked visibly irritated, until Rawte said, "we are not exactly here to know our fortune, sakshi."

"Hush, Arjun, let her concentrate." she replied with a stern gaze, before looking back to the lady. he gave up on telling, Sameer crossed his arm, ready to laugh in mind for any statement come out from the old lady's mouth. behind them Mukherjee started to stroll through the small tent, looking and touching anything and everything.

"You like someone." the fortune telling lady said.

"As if thats not evident." Sameer mumbled, looking at Rawte who looked back, raising eyebrows.

"Will he take interest in me?" Asked Sakshi, not too subtly stealing glance at Rawte who was oblivious at the conversation.

"he will always protect you." was the lady's answer.

"I see kids in future, 2, Girls. And loving husband. you will achieve heights of success. you will live happily."

Sakshi squealed in happiness, and then made a face as Rawte had enough, "can we go back to our case yet?"

The lady said almost the same things what she said to police, a man, almost 6 feet tall, with a cowboy hat was near the attorney, then everyone heard the gun shot and running in fear, the man ran faster than anyone, the gun showing in his hand. the lady only saw partial face of the man, there was a scar on his cheek which reached till his eyes. he had pale skin and brown hair.

the ETF finished the interrogation and was about to leave when the lady asked, "wont not you gentleman like to know anything?"

Sameer gave a look to Rawte, a mocking smile coming up, "Na, we will pass."

The lady turned to Mukherjee who was now touching the crystal glasses, "what about you, yoing lady, wont you like to know anything?"

Sameer was now openly grinning, something in him telling it wont end well for anyone, "Yeah, Riya, wont you like to know anything?" not noticing the way Rawte looked and frowned at the use of first name. she gave a blank look to him, then glanced at the lady, not moving.

the lady has moved, and now reached for her hand, tracing lines on her right palm, "Sceptic. Did not have it too easy in life, did you, dear?"

Behind them the trio were looking curious, and Rawte noticed the way Mukherjee's eyes narrowed, listening but not believing.

"Tough times ahead." the lady continued, still tracing the lines on palm, "Hold on. Let them in. Let him in. He will help, no matter what."

"He who?" Really, Mukherjee should have ask it, but Sakshi did, not one for the mystery talks. the lady smiled at the former, mistaking the way she went stiff was her curiosity.

"He will be always there for you. Your support. No matter what. He will fight for you."

"Who?" By now even Sameer was curious.