Chapter 35- Who, then, am I?

If I am what I have, and if I lose what I have, who, then, am I?

-German psychologist Erich Fromm.

The quiet footsteps echoed in the hallway of the apartment in the dead of night. The figure's feet halted near the door of apartment 221 B, a key appearing and glinting in air as it inserted into the lock. A feminine hand turned the handle once, and about to push the door ahead, when it froze.

A second later, a male voice spoke up to give away his presence, "Are you avoiding me, Ri?"

The female turned around slowly with her fingers still on the handle, a deer caught in headlights look in her eyes as she faced him.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chotu's face smacked down on the mat as he let out a groan, "Time's up. Time's up."

Riya laughed at his face with a smug look, offering her hand which the man took, after rolling on his back. He got on his feet, cracking his neck as he prepared himself for another round.

"Again?" Shree asked skeptically, making him shoot a look at the latter.

"You were saying time's up." Riya said, even as she circled around him. He shrugged.

"Last try."

Less than five minutes later he was on his face and groaning.

"I am done. I swear." He mumbled. Shree snorted and even a glare from him could not stop him. Slowly, he rolled and sat on the mat, hugging his knees near his frame as he put both arms around them. Meanwhile, Riya took a water bottle from the nearby bench and gulped down half water at once, feeling Arjun's eyes on her all the time yet giving away nothing.

Sameer took a step forward, a smirk on his mouth yet his eyes were calculating. She raised an eyebrow.

"Wanna step ahead?"

"Oh, I love my bones." He replied, making her chuckle.

"Where did you learn to fight like that?" Sakshi spoke for the first time, somewhat horrified and more weary of the ACP than usual. The former shrugged, gulping down a mouthful of water, wiping a streak of water from her jaw, setting down the bottle.

"I had a teacher." She answered, then added, "And Youtube."

"Do you even know what YT is?" Sameer mocked. She gave him a look.

"Hey, I may not be a Hacker, but can surf Internet just fine."

"This teacher must be assassin of something." Chotu spoke up, exhaling a breath. Her lips twisted upward.

"You have no idea." She drawled.

Director Kapoor joined the group after a while, eyeing them all and giving a nod to each of them. Chotu stood up on his feet with lightning fast speed, making Sakshi blink.

"Good to find you all here." She eyed Chotu and Riya, "Freshen up. We have work to do."

Chotu started to move immediately, Riya following, murmuring under her breath, "Yes Mom."

"I heard that." Aisha replied back, rolling her eyes.

In the Private meeting room adjacent to Director's cabin the team met some reputed Scientist of the country who were researching in the field of Germ-ology, under the wing of a Multimillion dollar company who sent their pack of lawyers to ensure not even the name of company doesn't get out. They raised an eyebrow at Sakshi after listening to her job details, politely yet sternly telling Aisha to show the former woman out. One look from Aisha and Sakshi was out of room, amusing the team mates.