Chapter 23

Armaan's POV

Kabir and Ridhima were back from their Naani's house. Saami was staying here for the day. It was lunch time and I was tired to my core but my mother dragged me out of my room and sleep to have lunch with the 'guest'. I sat on my chair and the lunch began. This time the kids were enjoying themselves. Ambar and Saami were talking about something in Kannada and all of a sudden Saami started to laugh. He couldn't stop laughing and Ambar said something but he said something that she yelled "enough" but Saami kept smiling. Kabir looked at me and then looked at Ambar. "So Mr. Saami from where did you graduated from?"
"I did my Electrical Engineering from IIT Chennai." He said. I looked at him. "And now you are in aviation." Kabir said.
"Yes." Saami said. While taking another sip from his glass of water. "It is different but I was confident that flying will make me happy." He said.
"Didn't your parents objected?" Kabir asked again.
"My father passed away when I was 14 or 15. So only my mother was worried. At that time my aunt and uncle convinced her." He smiled. "Kid you should first convince yourself that you won't give up no matter what. You'll later realise that's half victory. If you have relatives then they will force you to be a part of stereotypes but thankfully my family entertains none." He said. Ambar smiled at him and she looked so proud of him.
After the lunch me and Kabir were sitting in my office. "Farma & Farma will sell their shares soon." I informed Kabir. "How soon?" He asked.
"May be in 1 month." He was sitting in front of me trying to solve his Rubik's cube. "How was the visit with your Naani?" I asked him.
"It was fine." He said rotating the cube in opposite directions. He kept the cube down and then looked at me. "Bade Papa is the Lalit Mishra's case going to cool down?" He asked me.
I looked at him. He looked worried. Kabir was rubbing his hands in anxiety. "Kabir everything cools down after certain point. Besides that I can understand that what you are worried about. Trust me. We had nothing to do with it." I said to him. For a 15 year old Kabir is really burdened with a lot of pressure. He took the cube back and left my office. It was other day that Saami left. Ambar was wistful for sometime. I was in my office when I got a call from the reception. It was someone whom I had not met for a long time. It was Satbir Bedi. Raina's younger brother. When he got to know about Raina's death he left his home for years. He returned after his father's death. It was in years that I was going to meet him. I was terrified within. He entered in my cabin and I realised later that I was standing since past 10 minutes. He stood in front of me in silence. He looked at me in pure
contempt. "How are you Satbir?" I asked him.
"Cut the crap out Ranyal." He said. "We both know how much I hate you, then what is the need to make small talk." I was looking towards my shoes. The burden of shame had already taken its place. "You got hold of my sister's daughter." He hissed. I looked at him. "She is my daughter too." I replied.
"Don't push me to the edge of my patience Ranyal." He said. "I am not going to tolerate your nuisance like Dev and Mira."
"She knows the whole truth Satbir. She holds even your family responsible for Raina's death." I told him. He chuckled. He walked near me and sat on a chair. "The kid is slightly misinformed. There were only two men. One is dead. Other will be soon some day or another."
I couldn't help but laugh. "You know what try your self. In 8 months she has been only wishing death on me."
He chuckled. "That's one very smart kid." He said and left.
I sat back on my chair. To be truthful I collapsed on it. I called off all the meetings as I couldn't think through. It was by 11 that I reached home. I went towards my mother's room. She was sitting on floor and praying. I waited outside for sometime. After she was done with her prayers she turned towards me. "What happened dear?" She asked me. "Satbir wants to meet Ambar." I said to her. She looked at me and then she turned her back towards me. "It was bound to happen. They wanted to meet her from beginning but you wouldn't agree." She said while picking her book from floor. She kept her things in her cupboard. "I wanted to make Ambar feel secure back then. So I agreed with her. But now I am worried." I confessed to her. "Armaan just to give some peace to Raina's mother agree with me once. Ask Ambar to meet them or just take her there." She said to me.

Ambar's POV

I was informed about meeting my mother's family. Armaan was standing near my bed. It would have been better if I had slept early I thought. "He is a nice man Ambar." He said. I am just tired of doing things against my will and fighting with everyone. "That man is nice according to you, that shows how nice he can be." I said. Every time I think I won't say anything to Armaan to mock him he just appears in front of me with some stupid things.
"Don't say that." He said in his defence. "Satbir is a really nice man just like Dev." He said. "Just meet your Naani and Mama for some closure." He said.
"Just like Dev." I yelled. "You and your 'male' relatives are not even half the man what my Dad is." Suddenly the arrogance that always surrounded him seemed to be vanished. He looked a little helpless and desperate. Exactly what I was but in a very minimal manner. For a second I felt content to the core of my heart. The satisfaction was there for a second. But the humiliation that Dad faced because of him over the years I wanted revenge for that. "I will accept it on one condition." I said and his eyes lit up.

Dev's POV

I returned home early today as it is a week day and there wasn't much rush in the restaurant. Mira and Arush returned home by 9:30 PM. We had dinner and discussed our day with each other. After dinner Arush went in his room and started to study. Mira and I went for a walk in the neighborhood. "I was called by Srinidhi today." I said.
"What happened?" She asked.
"Srinidhi has a potential 'client' she wanted her background check." I informed her.
"How would you know Akka's client?" She asked and then she realised. "Is it any of your old clients?"
"No." Because at that time I was a junior lawyer under my father. My father was the senior advocate and he fought the case against Chetan Dhar. Chetan Dhar was the first class scrap dealer in Delhi. He not only did fraud on the sales and purchase receipt but also had atleast 7 murder cases pending against him. We had three hostile witnesses until one person agreed. He was given security and I brought him with me from Kangra. But that guy got bail after 3 months. I told about him to Mira and she was surprised that Srinidhi has such a client. We walked back to our home. We were about to sleep when I received a call. I picked up my phone and answered the call. "Hello." I said.
"Hello Dev." It was Armaan.
"Armaan!" I said. Mira came near me. She looked at the watch on her wrist. It was nearly 12. "Is Ambar fine?" She asked. I couldn't react because I was scared. What if Ambar got sick? I thought.
"How is Ambar?" I asked.
"She is fine." He said. I sighed in relief. "I called you to say that" he stopped as some one interrupted him. "To ask Armaan. Don't change the format." It was Ambar. I looked at Mira and she was standing there in anticipation. I switched on the speaker. "Remember what we agreed upon." Ambar said. Mira's eyes were lit up.
"Dev I called you to ask forgiveness from you." Armaan said. His voice was trying to maintain its dignity and integrity but a little shaky. Mira stood in front of me with her jaw dropping.
"It was all my mistake from the beginning. I am a man of questionable character.................I am a male chauvinist pig." Now even I was shocked. "I have multiple complexes and even if I die I would not be able to rectify what ever I have done wrong." He said.
"It was not what" Ambar said and stopped "but its right go on." She said. "I should have tried to sort things out. But I felt insecure. I never listened to your justification or look towards Raina. When I lost you both I realized that there is nothing left in my life. My one mistake led to many life ruining decisions." He stopped and then there was this awkward pause. He then disconnected the call. I looked at Mira. I was not able to understand what the hell happened but it was quite a satisfaction. "Is Ambar holding Armaan on gun point?" Mira asked.
I looked at her and kept my phone back on its place."I wish"