Chapter 16

Arush's POV

"Its the best." Ambar said looking at me. "How are you?" I asked her while putting her down. I looked at her carefully and there were dark circles under her eyes. She is restless I can see. "I am alright. I thought it would be the worst birthday ever." She said to me.
"I am so sorry. I am so sorry." I said to her. She just looked at me and closed her eyes. She released a sigh. "I want to talk with you about that." She said by pointing her finger at me. She then looks on the other side of my shoulder. "Tejas!" She yells. She hugs him normally because he is lean as stick. He too hugs her back. She holds Tejas's hand. "Kanwal Daadi he is Tejas." The old woman greets us. "Arush, Tejas she is Arman's mother."
"The last time I saw Arush you were a toddler. Chubby like a bear and now look at you, you resemble you father when he was of your age." She said. She kept her hand on my head. "How are your parents?" She asked.
"They are trying to cope up." I said to her. Ambar looked up at me.

"Speaking of parents Arush, come with me." She says. I looked at her. She holds Tejas's hand and walks to a room which is upstairs. As we enter the room she locks it from inside. "How are Mom and Dad?" She asked.
"As I said earlier. It would not have happened Ambar if I would have reached on time. I mean we were supposed to return by morning but I got so late." I said to her. I feel so sorry.

"Your only fault is you did not told anyone about that whore monger." She said roughly.

"Whoa! Ambar. Go easy on Anna." Tejas said.

"Arush. There is only one thing that I can say to you now that whatever happened, happened with me. Let me grow up, give me some time and you did a good job by thrashing that pig." I and Tejas both looked at her. She smiled a little and then we all bursted in laughter.

"Why didn't Saami Anna came?" She asked.
"Saami Anna is handling all the mess. Right now he is very busy." Tejas said. Ambar shakes her head and then looks down. "Even Lisa gave you a gift." I said. "She visited us. She wanted to buy you a gift of your liking so she came to take you for shopping. We told her and she has promised that she won't even tell her to her parents about what happened."

"Well that's the reason that she is my best friend. She is more practical then a bunch of clowns living in this place." Tejas chuckled at that.

"We are tired." Tejas said.

"You guys go and sleep on the bed. Its still 6.30 I'll sleep at the couch." We slept on her bed. Damn it is so soft. She took the duvet and covered herself up and slept on the couch. We rested for a couple of hours. Tejas woke me up. He then woke her up. "Let me sleep Tejas. I have not slept properly." She says. "Wake up we will give you presents." He said. Some one then knocks the door. I open the door to see that Arman's mother was standing outside. "Did you rested well?" She asked.
"Yes." I replied.
"The room beside this one is for you both. You can go and freshen up there. Tell me what will you have in breakfast. Will you have french toast Arush. Ambar told me that you like them very much." She said. I looked at her. In 2 days she bonded with the old lady. First time she bonded with an old lady. Progress. "Any thing will do." I told her. French toast it is then. We left the room and Arman's mother went to wake her up. We cleaned ourselves up. I hurried and took a shower first. I had to meet that kidnapper and still be respectful. When Tejas was in the bathroom I left the room to meet him. he was sitting in the living area so I went downstairs.
"Mr. Ranayal." I called him.

"Yes Arush do you need something son?"

"No. Can we talk somewhere alone?" I asked him.

"Sure. Come with me."

I followed him to a room which seems to be his office. He closed the doors. "What did you wanted to say?"

I removed a little box and a envelope from my bag. "Mom said that I should give it to you." I said and handed him those things. I left the room immediately.