CHAPTER 13

Mira's POV

I feel like I have committed a crime. Raina will never forgive me and Dev. I couldn't save her then and today I couldn't save Ambar. Raina had told me that she wanted to keep Arman away from her and her child forever. 'Forever', sounds easy but it is very hard to maintain. Time keeps deceiving and we always fall on the weaker side. One thing is for sure that from this day I can never make eye contact with Ambar. What I did to Ambar is exactly what Raina's mother did to her. I do not intend to go home. I will wait until Arush comes back from his trip. That house is empty. I'm staying with Akka and her sons. Arush will come tomorrow. Until then I will keep my grief to myself.

Arman's POV

I don't know how to make her understand. She could barely stand on her feet. "Ambar do as I say or"
"Or what Arman you will kidnap someone from my family and frame them in some non bailable crime."
Kidnap? "When the hell did I kidnapped someone ?" I ask her. Dear lord in a span of 10 minutes what did Dev told her.
"Arman you are far away from something called innocence." She hissed.
"Ok stop it Arman. She is sick and tired let her rest where she wants to rest." My mother stopped our argument. "Come dear it's your house today sleep in guest room and tomorrow I will show you your room."
My mother takes her hand and Preeti takes another in case she falls unconscious again. She has sharp tongue.

Ambar's POV

The old woman and another woman are taking me away from his room. What a day? I lost family. I lost faith on my people. What do I have now for all but this name. They take me to a room which is as lavish as the previous one. But who cares for it's decorations I need a bed and there it is. As I go towards it the old lady stops me. Why? Why me?
"Eat something first dear." She tells me. Wow I have never seen politeness in old people to this extent. I'm missing Mrs. Rao.
"No." I reply. "Look mam I am weak, tired and I have lost water from my body neither I can nor do I will to argue with you just let me sleep peacefully and only for few hours in sleep let me forget today's day because from this day to the end of my life I will never forget it." They both kept looking at me. Without their support I walk to the bed which is at a distance of few steps. I reach towards it successfully and then I lay on bed and close my eyes.

Arman's POV

Preeti comes back to my room.
"Did she ate anything?" I ask her.
"No. And I don't think she would have liked it if we would have forced her to eat."
The nurse had already made her drink O.R.S. so I was a little relieved.
As I walk out of my room Preeti stops
me. "What?"
"Your mother is going to watch on her. You don't need to worry. She will take good care of her." I know they all are stopping me so that if she see me again she will loose her mind.
"Fine Preeti." She gave me a sympathetic smile and then she left.

It's morning now. Jai and Preeti left last night. I go to check on her in guest room. I reach to her room and she is sitting on bed with her hair set free. My mother is sitting in front of her she is holding her hand.

"Ambar tell me what do you want in breakfast?"

"Anything will be fine." She says in a low voice.

"Will you like eggs?"

"First I would like to brush." She said in her groggy voice. "Please ask someone to get my bag I want to brush my teeth and then I'll have breakfast."

"Alright." My mother said. She rings up the bell to call help. With all my guts I enter the room. "Good Morning Ambar." And she just nods. Very civil reaction.

"What is your name Arman's mother?" Me and my mother both laugh.

"My name is Kanwaljit. But why do you ask?" My mother asked her.