Chapter12

Arman's POV

It has been hours but she hasn't spoke a word. She just keeps crying. We are leaving for Delhi right now. I know she hates me but this is matter of only few days later she will get accustomed to her new lifestyle. We boarded in flight. Thankfully the flight has took off on time. I have booked the whole flight for us. I don't want any unnecessary attention.

"Do you want something to eat?" I ask her but she kept looking towards the window. She is sniffing. Her whole face has turned red. She takes her side bag and then takes out her handkerchief. She wipes her tears and then closes her eyes. Suddenly she starts to cough. I offer her some water but she denies it. I felt little bad but I understand. After 2 hours of flight we are finally here. Outside the airport my cousin Jai is waiting for us. In this whole time he has been
there for me. "So you brought your child?" He asked with a long one sided smile. Looking towards Ambar. "She has your nose." He said. He is treating her like a newborn baby.

"Really, my nose looks like his. Fine I'll chop it down." Ambar said. She looks at me with so much hate. Jai then looked at me.

"Its very hot right now isn't it Arman. Lets sit in the car. Your mother is dying to meet her Arman." Jai said. "By the way what is the beautiful girl's name?"

"Ambar." I replied.

"Unique name for a girl." He said. "I thought this name is for boys."

Ambar again opens her bag and removes tissue swipes but this time to wipe sweat. In 45 minutes we reached home. We all stepped down of the car. Ambar looks at my house blankly. "This is your new house Ambar." I said to her. She still looks towards it blankly.

Ambar's POV

I look at the magnificent house and my heart is yelling this is not your home. I walk inside as it is so hot out here. How come Delhi is so hot in beginning of July. I am thirsty as hell I am sweating like pig and I wonder why but I feel as if have lost my will to eat. My head is hurting as if someone is beating it with stone. As I walk in I see three women in that giant living room. One looks some what like Arman and his brother who is wearing an elegant sari. The second woman resembles no one and looks in her early 40's wearing a cream colour long kurti and the third one looks psychic who is also wearing cotton sari which is dull in colour. Why I am feeling so tired as if I had walked till here from airport?

"Hello Mother here is your grand daughter and Ambar here are your grand mothers and Chachi." Arman said.

The elegant sari woman comes near me. "Hello sweet heart I am your Daadi we all are so glad that you're finally here. You are so beautiful more than your parents." She held my hand from one hand and keeps other on my head. I look at her and then towards the other two. The cream colour Kurti woman is smiling looking at me and the cotton sari is now crying with what looks like guilt in her eyes. Just then a boy comes near me. How the hell that can happen he is my crush Robin, my best friend Liza's brother. "Hey Ambar I am going for training in merchant navy now. I'll be back next year." He said. "Good bye Ambar." He came all over from Bangalore to say good bye to me.

"Bye Robin." I said and then darkness consumes me.

My eye-lids are heavy. I struggle to open them. I feel my back is on the soft mattress and it is not my bed. As I open my eyes I hear some one yelling. Oh yes he took me from my home. But Arman is not here in the room as he is out and a woman is shouting on him.

"If you can't take care of her then why did you brought her here. She dehydrated on her way but you could not offer her water." She yelled.

"But she refused to take it from me." Arman defended himself.

"You could have insisted. Arman be thankful it was not terminal." Let her yell at him. I feel the dryness in my mouth and then I look at moth side. They're not here. I try to reach to the glass filled with water.

"Wait child." A woman stopped me. Its the kurti. She helped me in adjusting myself and then she offers me water. I take small sips of it.

"Are you feeling better?" I shake my head in a yes.

She goes out and calls every one in. I breath slowly as my head is still paining. Wait a minute did I saw Robin? And then there comes the Ranyal squad. Arman comes in first and others follow him. He sits on the little stool next to the bed."Are you fine honey?"

Priti's POV

I call every one in as Ambar wakes up. Arman is being yelled by my mother in law. Damn she looks so pissed off. Arman and others enter the room but Raina's mother still stays out. She still can't get over her grief even if we say that her grief is reduced to half. But its true there are no boundaries to feelings such as grief and happiness.

I walk into the room and Arman is sitting on the stool where I was sitting earlier. "Are you fine honey?"

"Don't call me that Arman." Ambar hissed. We all are stunned on what she said. 'Arman'. Damn this girl has a lot of guts. A nurse then comes and makes solution. She offers it to Ambar.

"Have it dear you'll feel much better after having this." She gives the glass to her. Ambar takes the glass and tries to gulp down the whole solution at once bot instead she spits out more than half. "What the hell is this?"
The nurse then takes the glass from Ambar."What did you expected? Its O.R.S..."

"I expected lemonade." She said in sarcastically by wiping her mouth. I chuckled on that. The nurse then gives her new glass of solution. This time she drinks it slowly. Poor girl.

"May be she still needs to rest Arman." My mother in law kept her hand on Arman's shoulder. Arman kept looking toward Ambar sadly. I understand how he feels. For the past 13 years he was mourning for her and her mother and now he is desperate for love. "Arman sleep in the guest room let Ambar sleep here." Mother in law said to Arman and he nodded in a yes.

"It's your room Arman."

"Yes."

Ambar's POV

"I won't sleep here anymore." I try to get up but I can't stand. I hate this. In bad times even your body doesn't supports you. But I will not give up. I try to stand by taking the support of side cabinets and slowly I try to pull my body upwards and yes now I am on my legs. This thing was easy when I was a baby. Arman tries to make me sit on the bed again. "NO." I yelled. "I would sleep on floor or carpet but not here. I don't want anything from you Arman."