Chapter 6

Mira's POV.

We had spent our night by counting every single second possible. Whenever I would look at Dev he would close his eyes. I was just waiting for the sun to shine and waiting for the night to pass.
It's 10.30 in morning and kids were wide awake by now.
I looked at Dev. He looked nervous. He was steering the egg as if it was his enemy. "Dad is the breakfast ready?" Arush asked Dev. He has a big morning hunger according to his body. Ambar was already sitting on dining table. As soon as Arush came near Ambar he hits her on her head.
"Arush." Both Dev and I yell at him in anger but Ambar didn't did anything instead she was looking at the ground and trying to hide a grin.
"Why you did this Arush?" Dev asked Arush angrily.
"She pasted after shave on my face while I was sleeping dad." Arush replied very calmly. He had reasons and he was right on his place. Only Arush is one who can hit him because he is the one who suffers Ambar's antics and mishaps.
"Yet you can't hit girls like this Arush." Dev said to Arush in a calm voice after listening his justification.
"And what about hitting a devil dad. Is it bad too?" Arush replied Dev quickly.
"Never ever hit someone Arush because you think you can." Dev said to Arush coldly.
"Dad I don't hit girls but she is a devil dressed  as girl." Arush replied instantly. Dev huffed in disappointment and went back to make breakfast. As we were eating Dev was starring blankly on wall and then he looks at Ambar.
"Ambar and Arush we have something to .......... say. Arush you once asked me that why I left my hometown and my profession." We all were listening to him carefully. The kids were listening to their dad looking at him in surprise that he was finally opening himself to them.
"Well because I had no other option. I was a very bad man. I betrayed your mother, I betrayed myself by choosing a path of alcoholism...... At the time when my career was at its peak position I was distracted by many things..... I used to drink so much that I started to loose my control from myself. So to bring me back to be myself your mother went to one of her friend who worked in a rehab as a doctor, she was also wife of my best.......... friend. She provided residential treatment to me and didn't told anyone about this to secure my reputation.....she bought me back to sanity. She was a very good human being and at every point of my treatment your mother was beside me. After my treatment I had a new found respect for your mother because she never left my side."

Both Arush and Ambar were looking at him in disbelief. They were getting to know a different side of their father.
"One day I found my friend was waiting for me in my house. I was happy to see him, he was my best friend since childhood. I wanted to tell him everything about my fall in life and gaining control over it back but as I stepped in he punched me. Not for hiding these things but because he taught Raina and I were cheating on him. He didn't listened to me at all. He was just accusing me and her................. One month later they both divorced each other. He took my job because I was representing Raina in court and I failed badly. Her reputation was maligned. I failed as a friend, as a professional."
"The reason I left practising law is even after these horrible things happened I kept quiet. I was quite because I was spineless. I didn't had the guts to say that I was an alcoholic. I was addicted to substance abuse." Arush and Ambar were now trying to control their emotions. The man they knew as their father was strong enough to control his emotions, desires and rage but the man sitting in front of them today is week and tired. Tired of hiding. Impersonating someone who he is not.
"Few weeks later Raina showed up and said that her parents threw her out because she was pregnant. Your mother took her in............ and......and after some months she died during childbirth. She died giving birth to a girl." Now Arush looked at me in curiosity and then at Ambar. He understood why she looks different from him so much. Why she is physically so week and Ambar was looking at Dev totally confused. Not understanding why her father was telling these things to her.
"The girl was you Ambar." Dev said finally revealing everything to her.
She was looking at him with her mouth open. Saying his final statement Dev left kitchen and went outside of house.
"He is lying mom?" Ambar asked me with moist eyes.
"No."
She looked at me in disbelief and anger. Suddenly she got up from the chair and started to run towards her room. "Ambar stop." Arush was trying to stop her but she ran so fast that he couldn't stop her.
"Mom she locked herself." Arush shouted.
"What?"