Chapter 30

Armaan's POV

I had a registered marriage with Rina. We decided to escalate the process of wedding ceremony. We both know that this marriage was out of necessity. When Rina informed me about her pregnancy I was shocked for a moment but I did not wish to do the same mistake as I did with Ambar. This is a second chance for me to raise my kid. To watch my kid grow up. Hold my newborn. Atleast this time I won't meet her when she is a 15 year old kid checking who is on her door. This satisfaction was enough for me. I have known Rina for many years and vice versa.
On our wedding night she sat beside me. We had nothing to talk about. She kept looking at the wall. I looked at her. She was looking beautiful.
"It had been a long time since I have been married and I was a bad husband. Rina, you will have all the respect that my wife should get in this house. Kabir and Ridhima will always behave nicely and respectfully in case of Ambar, I will apologies on her behalf in advance." She looked at me.
"She is a good kid." She said.
"Every one says so." I said to her. "Rina, I don't wish to lie to you any how. After finding out about Raina's death and my mistakes my guilt will never allow me to love any other woman the way I loved Raina. This guilt will die along with me. I can fulfill everything you can wish from me" even before I could finish she said. "I understand." I looked towards her. "Armaan we can have companionship, we can share things with each other I hope that should be enough for this relationship." I smiled to give her assurance.
Time flew bliss fully. First time in my life. Every one was taking care of Rina. She was nearing her third trimester. Ambar was all tensed regarding her entrance exams.  She had cleared the first step of entrance exams the second step would help her into getting in IIT. The burden now has passed onto Kabir. These kids are always found studying in dining room with food between their teeth and hand and Ridhima is the only one that enjoys her life. After some days Ambar gave the second step of entrance exams. It seemed that her exams did not went well so I asked her to consider filling other universities college application but she refused. Everything seemed well even though. I was sleeping in my room. It was past midnight when I got a call from Satbir. I looked at phone for a while and then I picked up his call. "Hello" 
"My mother passed away." Satbir said. 
"Satbir I am sorry."
"Bring Ambar at my house tomorrow early morning around 7. After that we will proceed for funeral." He said and hanged up. 
"What happened?" Rina asked.
"Raina's mother died." 
"How?" She asked. 
"I didn't asked." I got up from bed and wore my slippers. "I am going to inform Ambar and Ma. You should rest." I said and walked out of the room. I went towards Ambar's room and knocked on her door but as I knocked the door got slightly open. That's odd. I slowly walked in and she was not in her bed. I panicked and ran towards dining room but she was not there. I walked in the kitchen and saw Ambar sitting on the chair. She was dipping a piece of bread in a bowl and eating it. 
"God damnit girl, do you know what time it is?" I yelled at Ambar. She just looked at me with cold eyes while chewing on the bread. 
"Hunger has no timing." She said. "Anyways, why are you searching for me at this "god damnit time""?
"Ambar your Nani ji died?" She looked at me.
"How?" She asked. 
"I didn't asked." 
"When?"
"I didn't asked." I said. "You should go and sleep now. You need to be there by 7 am at their place for the funeral." I informed her.
"Relax Armaan, she is dead its not like she can get any more disappointments anymore." 

Ambar's POV

I got up early in the morning and got ready for the funeral. Kanwal Daadi was coming along with me. When we reached there we offered our condolences to Satbir ji. Many people were present there. Even the Negis were present or to say Mrs. Kamla Negi and Prithvi Negi. Every one was chatting with eachother. Its the second funeral that I have attended in my life. The first was Ram Dodappa's. I was only five then but I remember things in fragments. After the funeral I had small talk with Simran Aunty. I was standing near Satbir Ji and Kanwal daadi was crying her eyes out. I have never seen her cry so much.  I looked across my shoulder and saw some women. They were standing at a distance from me but close enough that their chit chat could be heard. "Ain't she Raina's daughter?" One woman said.
"My goodness she is standing there like rock." Another woman said. "See, this is what happens when kids are not reared with their own kin." The same woman said. In my mind there is another reason why I should kill Armaan. After sometime the men lifted her dear body and left for the cremation ground.
Ladies kept crying and I sat on a sofa. Simran Aunty gave water to everyone. She came near me and sat beside me. "I heard what they said. I am sorry for that." She said.
"It's alright." I said.