Chapter 9

Arush's POV.

We reached home an hour later. Dad was waiting for us in garden. As the car stopped near the porch dad came towards the car. We both stepped down from the car and entered home. This all chaos had left no time for me to eat. I am so hungry I went straight into the kitchen and searched for snacks. From the kitchen counter I could see dad interrogating Ambar. She looks so sad. If I would have been on her place I would have ran away but she is facing it all. Both Dad and Mom were sitting in front of Ambar.
"What did you said to him?" Dad asked.
"Let her relax Dev." Mom snapped at Dad.
"It's alright Mom. Dad I told him my decision. He tried his best to convince me but Bhai helped me to defend myself." Ambar said giving a faint smile. Now Mom and Dad started to look at me. Mom gave me a wide smile of appreciation and so did Dad.
"Mom I am hungry. Get me something to eat." Ambar said.
"Alright. Arush stop searching snacks and eat lunch." Mom yelled. She can't stay depressed for even half of the day because in other half she is back to yelling mode.

After eating I went in my room to study by 4.30. It was near 7 when I got up. I went to check on parents and Ambar. Parents were talking with Dodoamma on phone so I went to talk with Ambar. She is very quite since yesterday. When I entered her room I saw her writing something on a notebook. "Ambar." I called her. She looked towards me. She kept the book aside.
"Yes. I am fine Bhai."
"Really?"
She went all crazy listening to this.
"What is this with you elder siblings can't you see your little sisters trying to be strong huh?" She said and then stared to cry. Damn it. "Don't cry, please don't cry." I didn't thought of this. I ran towards the door and closed it so that Mom and Dad may not listen. "Ambar please don't cry. Mom will kill me."
"Ambar why are you crying now?" I asked her.
"I killed someone Bhai. It makes me to kill myself." She said. It shocked me to the core. No one thinks the way she is thinking now.
"I can't come in terms with the fact that I am not really their daughter. It hurts me so much. The fact that my life is a result of my birth mothers death, some one wants to take me away from my home and he may succeed is making my life hell."
Her words were filled with pain and an unnecessary regret that had nothing to do with her.

"Ambar you didn't killed any one. She was your mother. Its natural that she loved you so​ much that she chose you over her own life."

"I am not worth it."

"You are. Ambar listen to me. You are a very special girl because so many people love you. So many that even I can't count and why they love you because you are so good."

"I don't want to stay alone."

"You won't. Have faith on parents they will do anything but they won't let you go. I promise you no matter what the situation is in life, no matter how bad things may turn up I'll be there for you."

"Promise?"

"Promise. Now please wipe your face and stop crying and don't tell any one that you cried because of me."

"Fine."

Mira's POV.

During dinner kids looked so tense. The scene was clear Arush made Ambar cry but it looks they have sorted it out. Dev was asleep when I went to check on kids. Arush is sleeping like a frog. Relief that this time he is on the bed. I went to Ambar's room to check on her. She is blankly looking towards the ceiling. "Ambar."
"Yes Mom." She sits straight when I called her.
"Are you tensed?"
"Why do you and Dad love me when I am half of someone who made your life miserable?" She asked this question with very cold voice.

"Because the other half of you is of someone who was nothing but good. Only good."

"Mom. What is m y birth mother's name?"