Chapter 22

Arush's POV

"So is Ambar's friend fine?" Dad asked. As I kept plate on table. Mom was busy with a surgery so it was just me and Dad for lunch.
"Yes. They took him to a doctor on time." I answered to Dad as he enquired me about Ambar. "Dad it has been months now please call Ambar and talk to her." I said. I went back into the kitchen to bring water. I am tired of being a mediator between her and Mom Dad. I returned with a jug and kept on the table. I sat on chair opposite to Dad's.
Dad looked at me. "Your mom is not ready yet. She still feels guilty of abandoning her." He sighed and then got up from his chair. "Enough about Ambar." Dad said. I looked at him in sheer fear because Dad would ask me something. He took a bowl and started to serve food. He sat back into n his chair.
"What about you buddy,? How is med school?" He asked. I sighed in relief.
"It's good." I answered and started to eat.
"Arush did you spoke with Vijay?" He asked. I couldn't say anything after that. Not in my life I am going to speak or look at him again. He is leaving India and moving abroad to study medicine to get over the controversy he created for himself. I am at relief.
"Dad can you forgive Armaan?" I asked. Dad looked at me. His face looked tensed all over in a minute.
"Arush, Vijay's only fault was not being careful. Armaan on the other hand took my daughter away, thrashed me broke our friendship and forced me to quit my career as a lawyer in Delhi." I was quite for a minute.
"I knew he was doing these stuff. I never judged him for that. We were good friends. It never occurred to me that he can cause trouble at some point." I confessed to Dad.
Dad sat beside me. "Arush you were friends with Vijay since childhood. I understand when we dismiss all the shenanigans of our friends. To be truthful I would have forgiven Armaan if Raina would have stayed alive." I looked at him in surprise.
"Seriously?" I asked.
"Yes. Do you know Armaan was never like this. When we were 22 his father got into an accident and got paralyzed. He was about to leave for abroad for higher studies but he had to give up on his dream. He worked hard. Took care of his family. His hard work payed off and their business flourished. His mother went into depression after his father's death. He took care of her. He postponed his marriage with Raina so that she can complete her internship. He was technically an ideal man and competition to us. God knows what went wrong. He destroyed himself."

"Dad why did every one believed him?" I asked.
"Who would anyone believe Arush. A mechanical engineer who had to give up on his dreams and look after the business and family at age 22 or a privileged alcoholic lawyer who got his father's firm to run when he was 28?" I shook my head in agreement.
"But there is difference in your situation and in mine." I said to him as I started to eat again. Dad picked up a bowl and served me more rice. "There isn't. At last we both chose family over friendship." He smiled and then started to eat again. "It's alright make new friends and just sort out things with Vijay so that you will be at ease in future."
"I don't want to." I said. "I am sorry."
"It's alright."

Armaan's POV

"Are you sure?" I asked Rina in surprise.

"Yes Armaan. The money that Farma and Farma received were not their own. They used money from several sources and then transferred it to their accounts on various dates by various people whose address is not correct. Their investors are fake and so are the returns they have made to their investors. The unlimited source of funds is their own unaccounted money." Rina said.

"What about the machines?" I asked.
"That they received from government for some previous contract. Government has no idea where these machines vanished after elections. They are as clueless as we were earlier." I looked at Rina. This means that Jatin Rathi present MD of Farma and Farma has violated contract . Which means FRAUD. A complaint was filed against them by us. Their present contract was cancelled and a month later Farma and Farma was facing many problems. Because of lack of the machinery they were short on money. Then we received the new contract and the machines they had. After filing the complain several lawsuits were filed against Lalit Mishra their present CEO. To be truthful he is just a scape goat.
It was a month later and a Friday. I returned home early I bought Rina a jewellery. A gift from myself for her outstanding work and strong network. I went and spoke with my mother as I planned to invite a few friends and relatives for a get together. "I wish to invite the Ranas." I said.
"They are not even Punjabis." My mother said.
"So is Rina. Yet she turned out to be a very good employee." I said.
"Fine. Are they coming with family?" She asked.
"Yes." I said. "Where are children?" I asked.
"Kabir and Ridhima left for their Naani's home and Ambar might be in her room." She said. "Might be?" I asked. "You didn't check?"
"Well she was here before you came and then she went away." She said. I couldn't ask more from my mother. She is already exhausted. "I'll go and check on her." I said and left fom my mother's room. I walked towards her room ,door was open so I just knocked on her door from outside. There was no reply but I heard some news channels jingles. I went in saw her sitting on her the end of her bed. Her jaw was hanging. I looked towards the TV and what I saw blew my mind out. Lalit Mishra commited suicide. The anchor was yelling at top of her voice. I took the remote and closed the TV. "What?" Ambar yelled.
"Kids should not watch this." I said to her. This was the quick and dumbest answer I had for her. She gave me a blank look. "Weren't you guys behind these fellas business?" She asked. I didn't said anything and left from her room. I called Jai my cousin.
"Did you saw the news?" Jai yelled.
"Yes." I said. "Call an urgent meeting of board Jai. I have a plan."