Chapter 17

Mira's POV

I try to maintain my sanity but what Dev did made me realize that it was wrong on my part to blame him. I brought him back from hospital and I have send Akka to her house now because I will talk with Dev all alone. I enter in our bedroom and he is still looking at the canopy of our bed. I went and sat beside him. "What were you thinking Dev? Tell me honestly."

"To kill myself Mira." He said looking at me. "I am a terrible father. I was a terrible son, husband and friend. The only thing in my life that I had to take pride on was that I am a good father. But no. What Arush said was right. I am a person of weak character. I can't face my problems and I have done nothing but to run away from them and put you all forward to face the problems." He said with so much disappointment.

"Dev, Arush was angry with us. He said to me that I am the one who made your bones weak. In anger he says anything. But I know one thing that no man will leave his house and a life of comfort for his children. But you did that. You made a hard decision to face challenges and to move forward."

"I am worse than Arman." He said.

"Never say that again. You are a zillion times better than that man. You are a great husband because no alcoholic man listens to his wife and opts to get treatment mostly they are dragged till rehab centers. Dev you have never hit me, never abused me in any way. We had fights but still you knew your limits. You always helped me with my career. 20 years of marriage and I have never regretted marrying you. Never. Have you ever regretted marrying me?" I asked him.

"Marrying you was the best decision of my life Mira." He said.

"Until we are together we can face anything. But if you'll do something like that again I'll save you first and then kill you and you know I can do that."

He smiled at me. " 'I share your fate and you share mine.' you took this line of my proposal quite seriously." I smiled and looked down. "Yeah it was one good line. It touched my heart."

"Will she ever forgive us?" He asked me.
I really don't know what to say. "She will. We need to give her time."

Ambar's POV

After breakfast which became a brunch we went in search of these moron's luggage. "How can you guys bring one bag upstairs and not the other one?"

"Because you jumped on Anna and it made him to drop the bag and then you dragged me up till your room. So we forgot the bag." Tejas said. I can't help but agree with him. "Search for the damn bag it has my presents." I said to him.

"Is it yours?" A woman said. She is house help here and I don't know anyone's name.
"Yes." Arush said. He took the bag from her. " Thank you mam." Arush said humbly. She smiled politely and left.
"My my show my presents." I said. They both laughed. And I heard a little giggle. Ridhima was standing beside a chair. Tejas and I then went and he lifted her up. "We are opening presents will you like to help us beautiful." I asked her. "Yes." She said joyfully. Arush lifted the bag and we went upstairs. He kept the bag on the bed. He removed presents one by one. First open mine. He said in enthusiasm. I unwrapped the box. It was a very beautiful jacket. It was contrast in color. With a giant hood that gave it a dominant look. Looked marvelous. "Amazing." I said to him. "In winter, Delhi is colder than Bangalore. So I brought this for you."
"You are awesome Arush." I yelled.
"Mine next." Tejas yelled.
It was a very fine hair piece. White. Its shape perfect. With fine stones and pearls attached in it.

"Do you like it?" He asked.

"It's wonderful." I said. He knows how much I like decorating my hair.

After that I opened Lisa's gift. It was a photo frame and there was a photo already in it. But it was of Lisa. Along with a monkey near the beach and there was a small caption on the bottom of the photo 'Look where I found you.' I laughed on that. This smile and laughter were genuine. Not to taunt someone. Saami Anna gave me a set of bongos. Dodoamma gave me silver anklets which had fish like design. Mom gifted me something at which even Arush and Tejas made wide eyes. She gave diamond earrings and Dad gifted me DSLR. I looked at Arush in awe.
"Keep theirs too. They had bought these before these incidents. Nothing is given to you out of guilt." Arush said.
"It's not that Arush. This is my first birthday in which Mom and Dad are not present. I should have not come out of my room. Or acted like the fact matters to me. I should have showed them how terrified I am. May be they misunderstood me. They thought that the fact matters to me so I don't love them. Do they thought that I don't love them enough? But who I am lying to."