Chapter 5

Ambar's POV.

Something has gone wrong otherwise dad never shouts on someone. He is lying. I told to mom about this but even she said that dad would be stressed. But right now my main focus is on Saami Anna's engagement ceremony. Since dad is Punjabi and mom is Kannada we get to experience a lot of cultural diversity. Dad said that he is from Delhi but he never took us there.He never likes to talk about his law career or about their life in Delhi. Anyways Saami Anna is getting engaged tomorrow. The engagement ceremony is in a banquet hall of a five star hotel and dress code is strictly traditional. I have to wear a traditional dress for the ceremony because I am the only girl in the family.

I was asleep when mom came to wake me. It was 4.30. Trust me my mother never gets late for anything. "Ambar Dev Mehra get up right now." She pulls me up by my shoulders. "Why you people love getting married so early in morning mom?" I asked her and she laughed. "Ambar honey get up and get a shower now I don't like to get late."
I did as she said. I dressed myself and mom did my makeup and hair. She loves getting me ready. I think every mother loves doing her daughter's makeup.
"You are looking so beautiful Ambar."
I know that. But yet I don't like putting makeup because I had to play hockey for my school and this is the only thing I enjoy the most. After 15 minutes we all left for the temple where rituals were to be held. Seriously I don't know why everybody has dressed so heavy when every third person is falling asleep. Nobody gives a damn about these aunties jewellery and makeup right now. Finally the pooja ended. It's 7.30 am right now.
But still engagement ceremony is remaining. Why is it necessary to get married? "Why is it necessary to get married?" Bhai said this. I can't help but smile at what he said. "Our thoughts do match buddy." I said to him. After that we arrived at the hotel. Everything is happening as decided. Everyone is laughing. Mom and dad are attending rituals with mom's sister my Massi. What the hell where is Arush. I start looking for him in this great hall only to find him talking with a girl. The girl is cute. Today my brother will use all of his charms bestowed to him. While I tried to take a sip from my drink somebody stopped me from behind. "It's vodka dear." I stop then and there. Thank God if dad or mom come to know that I was about to drink vodka they will kill me. I kept the glass back on the table and turned to see who stopped me to find a man standing behind me. He looked familiar. "Thank you." I said to him. "You are here with your family?" He asked me.
"Yes. Sorry to bother you but are you Mr. Ranyal?" I ask him out of curiosity as soon as his name strikes me.
"Yes dear. I am Arman Ranyal. A few days ago I had visited your house." He smiled at me.
"Ambar come with me Massi is calling." My mom called me. "OK Mr. Ranyal thanks for helping me."
I went to mom who was standing stunned. "Mom what happened?" I asked her. "Nothing you go to Massi and then go eat I'll come in few minutes.

Mira's POV.

Ambar did as I said. Now this man is going to be dead. "Hello Mira." He said to me. "Arman what the hell are you doing here?"
"I own this hotel Mira."
"No. My nephew's in laws own this place."
"We are partners now." He said to me with a smirk. Anger is eating me now. But I am not going to shout at him or make a scene. "Stay away from my daughter Ranyal." I said to him.
"My daughter Mira. But I won't say anything to you because I am happy. For first time I talked with my daughter." I look at him in disbelief. How shameless he is. But why I am questioning myself. He was the one who left Raina and Dev when they needed him most. Because of him Raina died. Because of him Ambar lost her parents. But now my main concern is Ambar. I'll keep her with me until the ceremony ends. I start to search her and then I find her standing with Dev. I relaxed.
After the ceremony ended we left immediately. Kids were sleeping on back seat they were tired. I never thought that I can love my friends daughter like my own. When Ambar was born nobody was happy but yet a child's affection made us to forget every sorrow. Sometimes I feel bad for Ambar. She was conceived when her parents wanted her the most but born in total disaster.
"You saw him there?" Dev asked me pulling me out of my thoughts.
"Yes. That rascal is stalking us." I replied.
"I am loosing my patience now." Dev said. Anger totally audible in his voice. "He has always done things which annoyed others. He is a sadist."
"He talked with her." I told him.
"What? What did he said to her.?" He started to yell in frustration.

"Relax and stop yelling. It was a casual talk." I look at Dev and he looks stress. He is trying to keep his focus on driving but right now he is thinking about our situation. As we reached home Dev parked the car and waked Arush and Ambar. They went into their rooms to sleep. Kids wont wake up tomorrow until 9. I had plenty of time to convince Dev. When I went in our room I saw Dev was resting on his arm chair. I went near him and sat on the bed.

"We have to tell everything to Ambar Dev." He looked at me in disbelief. We made a decision that we will never tell Ambar the truth but now truth was the only way to save her from him.

"And what good will come from that?" Dev said to me. "Mira Ambar has a very beautiful life. She has everything. If we will tell her who are her real parents then she won't trust us anymore."

"Trust me she will." I said to him in a firm voice.

"Dev one day Ambar will come to know the truth. If not from us then from some other person and truth will be molded just like it was molded back in time. Even she might believe that you and Raina were at fault. If we loose her trust we loose everything we have worked so hard for." He looks confused and worried but if he fails to make a decision now we all will face the consequences.

"Fine. Tomorrow itself we will tell her everything."