Chapter 27

Armaan's POV

I was feeling light headed ever since I returned from my trip. I forgot to take my medicines a couple of times in the past few days. The work stress is increasing. When I arrived back home I started to feel more uncomfortable. There was a little pain in my leg. The dinner was quite. Kids ate silently and my Ma asked me if I was alright. I said I am because I didn't wanted to scare her unnecessarily. Ambar went to sleep and I went to check on Ridhima. After I checked on her I went in my room. I sat on my bed holding my head. I was regretting on missing my medicines. I heard a knock on my door. I opened the door and saw Kabir standing out. He was holding a small book in his hand. I remembered I had told him to come in my room so we can sort out career choices for him. I know that I have been grooming him ever since he was 12 but still I want him to make an independent choice for himself. "Are you alright? You look very tired." Kabir said.
"I am fine just" after that I felt like crumbling down. I couldn't stand anymore. I felt two hands trying to hold me. Kabir was trying to hold me from collapsing but unfortunately he couldn't. I collapsed. I could only hear Kabir yelling. When I woke up I was in hospital already. The lights were like hitting my eyes. I tried to move my toes to see if all the mobility was present in my body as I remembered how my father got paralysed. I tried to move my hands and everything seemed fine to me. I saw a nurse standing near my bed and looking at some chart. She then turned towards me and strated to enquire about me. The nurse said that I was lucky enough to get here on time. She then went out of the room and called the doctor in. The doctor lectured me enough about how it could have been fatal. After he left Kabir and my mother came into my room. "Are you alright?"
"How are you?" They both asked together.
"I am fine." I said. I could feel a little weak but I can't give them more reason to worry. I looked towards the door because I was hoping Ambar will be there but she was not.
"Where are girls?" I asked.
"They are at home." Kabir said.
"Ambar had called me to ask about you. She is looking after Ridhima." I was very pleased to hear this. It's good that Ambar is handling Ridhima. She is a very young kid to understand the concept of death. Unfortunately she knows what it means. I looked at Kabir and his eyes were some what red.
"Did you cried?" I asked Kabir. He looked at me and then he closed his eyes. "No Bade Papa. I was awake all night." He said. I smiled. He was trying to be responsible. If Kabir would have been of 26 or 27 I would have given him entire management of Ranayal corporations and stepped down from corporate world. I was quite surprised over the amount of test they did and the therapist and dieticians asked me to do things I would never. It was already night. I returned home. I am happy I got to return soon.

After I returned home I had to take some more days off from work to get fine. I have a new diet plan which is as good as any hostel's food (pathetic).
I finally got a chance after a long time to stay with kids at home. Kabir and Ridhima have both bonded with Ambar. I am glad that she doesn't feels lonely anymore. I was in my office in home when I got a call on the landline. I picked the call up. "Hello." I said.
"Hello sir, its Aditya."
"Yes Aditya what happened?" I asked him.
"Sir, Srinidhi Shetty and Dev Mehra got Chetan Dhar arrested on the basis of fraud and land grabbing." He said.
"What? Really?" I asked. Thank god. Ever since I got to know that Chetan Dhar is in Bangalore I was certain he was upto something. He got his sentence reduced on the basis of good conduct. My sources have informed me that he specifically went to Srinidhi so that he can get hands on Dev for getting him jailed. Thank God they figured this out first and handled it well. "Are they prepared?" I asked.
"Yes sir. Srinidhi managed to get a stay warrent against Dhar and Dev Mehra pulled some old records and submitted it in registrar office which showed that Dhar is unreliable. They have managed to destroy Dhar's plan of expanding in South India." I was really relaxed now. Not many in Delhi knew where Dev and his family went. This problem was created by me.
"Thank you Aditya." I said and kept the phone. I called some people of mine. I don't want that Dev and his family should face any other blow.