Chapter 21

Ambar's POV

I had one month until my exams and Ira Madam thought me well but the time I had spent with her was equivalent to prison sentence. I got 39 out of 50 in physics. Which meant I nailed it. Bad news is another one year with Ira Madam. Even the servants here are in terror of her. She screams on me and I can't do anything about it. I have realised that incompetency is the core component of weakness. I stand 3rd in my entire class. Prateek is the first ranker and Manav second. I don't know why but I feel competitive around them. In a good way. After results were declared we went out to celebrate. It was a treat from Prateek. He said that we'll go and eat Delhi's famous momos. The waiter placed square shaped plates in front of us. Each containing eight pieces of momos. The plates had three sections in one they had the red spicy sauce and the other section had mayonnaise. Prateek, Manav and Jahnvi ordered lemonade while I chose to drink coconut water from the nearby stall. We all started to eat the momos.
Manav coughed a little. He drank some water and again started to eat. Prateek tore one momo.
"Still they mix soya and chicken in chicken momos." Prateek said. We three smiled but as Manav heard this his eyes became wide.
"Soya! Prateek I am allergic to soya." Manav said. We looked at him in horror.
"Do you feel any symptoms?" Jahnvi asked.
"Yeeee......" His voice started to shrink.
"Holy shit!" Prateek yelled.
"Don't panic." Jahnvi said to Prateek. Prateek got up from the chair and ran near the counter. Meanwhile Manav took a fork a started to shove it in his throat from the opposite side.
"Manav keep it down." I yelled.
"Throat........ chok....." He said.
I took the fork forcefully from Manav.
"You'll end up hurting yourself." Meanwhile Jahnvi caught his other hand and we restrained him from shoving things in his mouth.
Prateek came back running. "Come lets take him to hospital. The waiter told me there is a doctor's clinic near by."
Jahnvi and Prateek helped Manav to get up. I picked his jacket and I ran towards my car. Driver was already in there waiting for me. I ran towards the car and opened the door. Manav sat in. Still Prateek and Jahnvi were holding his hands.
"Chander uncle please take us to the near by clinic. He can't breathe." I said to my driver. He immediately started to drive and in a few minutes we were in front of the doctor's clinic. Thankfully he was in there. We brought Manav inside the clinic and now he was sweating like a pig.
"Soya allergy." I said to the doctor.
We made Manav sit on the chair and the doctor examined him. He was now red. I was trying to avoid getting panicked in front of my friends but it was horrifying.
As the doctor examined him I looked at Prateek and he was all shaken up. Jahnvi was standing beside me. The doctor turned towards his table after checking on Manav.
"He needs these shots and we will put him on drip." He said while handing me prescription.
"Do you have money to buy them?" Doctor asked.
"Yes." I said as I remembered Armaan gave me a card for emergency. This is emergency.
"Ok so there is a pharmacy right outside. Buy it from there." The doctor said.
"Ok doctor." I said. "Prateek call at Manav's house Jahnvi come with me." I said. We bought the medicines and gave it to the doctor. When we were returning back to the clinic I saw Chander uncle talking with some one. I understood. He informed Armaan.
But that wasn't important. The doctor said that Manav will be fine in some hours. We all took a sigh of relief. We had to wait here because Manav got an IV and we were going to stay until his parents arrived. There was a bed available in the clinic so we got Manav to sleep there.
After some time Prateek got calm. He was back to being himself and would roast Manav.
"So Manav ji how is Throat" Prateek imitated Manav by catching his neck and removing half of his tongue out.
Manav looked at him. Doctor had given him shots and he had drip on his hand. He looked pale and a little sedated.
"The first thing I will do when I return is shoving that entire plate of momos in your mouth Prateek."
"I will bring soya keema in my lunch let's see." Prateek said while raising both his eye brows.
Hearing them me and Jahnvi laughed. The tension was resolved and Prateek sat near Manav's bed. Jahnvi and I went out of the room to drink some water. I was looking at Manav when he was talking to Prateek. He has jet black and straight hair.
"If Prateek saw you staring at Manav he will print your and Manav's wedding card." Jahnvi said while I drank water which I spilled out.
"What do you want to see a garland on my photo frame?" She chuckled.
"What a remarkable day? Treat turned into hospital visit." Jahnvi said. I smiled.
"Sometimes I feel that Manav will end up marrying Prateek." Jahnvi said. I laughed so hard that Manav and Prateek started to peek out and think what we were talking. We drank water and kept the glasses back. We were about to go back in the room when I saw Chander uncle waving his hand up. I walked out and came in the outer corridor of the clinic. The car stopped in front of Chander uncle. Here comes Armaan.