Chapter 7

ARUSH's POV.
"What?" Dad yelled from behind. He climbed the stairs hurriedly and started to bang the door.
"Ambar please open the door." Dad was banging the door hard. "Ambar please I am sorry. I was lying. Everything I said was a lie please open it." Tears were rolling down from dad's eyes. "Ambar listen just open the door and please don't do anything stupid." Dad pleaded Ambar.
"Don't worry I won't harm myself but please leave me alone." A reply came from the other side of the door.
"Are you out of your mind you fool. Just open it." I yelled at her.
We all tried hard but she didn't open the door but we all stopped at once when she warned us that she'll run away if we didn't stop. Mom took food for her with a hope that she'll come out but in no vain. We all were waiting for her to come out but all we can hear were her sobbing. Never in life I thaught that she is not my sister. No. No matter what dad and mom said no matter what who her parents are I'll always be with her. I went to mom and dad's room to talk about this issue but what I saw I had to stop myself from entering the room. Dad was sitting on the arm chair and had covered his face with his hands while mom was comforting him.
"Mira what should I do now?" Dad asked mom. Till this day I have never saw my dad so week.
"It's all my fault Mira. If I would have controlled myself. If I would have gone to rehab instead of getting treatment from home then many things could have been avoided." Dad said this and started to cry loudly. Mom was trying all her best to avoid tears but they were falling down.
"I ruined everything. I.............. I ruined Raina's life and now Ambar's life will also ruin because of me. If I could have said........... the truth if I could have made myself a better man then........ for you then today nothing would have gone wrong. I even ruined Arman's life. I have to keep his daughter away from him. "
"What if I would not have asked Raina to treat you Dev? What if I would have admitted you in a rehab?" Mom said to dad after dad stopped blaming himself. With ever word she was trying to control her voice. The strength she endeours is very rare.
"There are many if's which if were true then our present could have been different. But these if's which belong to past can never come true." Dad was sniffing in between. Trying to take control on himself.
"Blaming someone is easy Dev but blaming oneself is hard and you are doing it from 15 years."
"Our present is just a glimpse of our past but Ambar's should have glimpse of a bright, fair and trustworthy present." Mom said to dad in firm voice. I left for my room and held my head. If mom and dad were capable enough to hide this truth from us so many years then why this sudden revealing of truth today. This question is eating my brain from morning.

It's night now. She has not opened the door yet. We all have given up the hope that she'll show her face. As I was falling asleep I heard some utensils falling down. I went downstairs to see what has happened only to find Ambar standing near the refrigerator. She was carrying a jar in her hand and some utensils were lying on floor.
"Ambar what were you doing?" I asked her. I was a little relieved that she came out.
"I was taking this out of the cupboard and these all things fall down." She said showing the jar in her hand.
"Are you hungry?" I took the jar from her which was filled with cookies and biscuits.
"Yes." I made her sit on chair and then warmed the food which mom kept in refrigerator. Even I was hungry. I placed two plates and served dal and rice to her and me. We both were eating quietly.
"Sorry." She said in a meek voice.
"Huh. What for?" I asked her.
"For after shave and.............. locking myself in room." Now she started to cry.
"Hey. Stop crying. Do you think that anything is going to change between us."
"What if I changed?" She asked me and confessed her fear to me.
"Trust me you can't." I said to her. "Every teacher of your class tried his/her best to reform you and stop your antics and mischievous activities but you.....every second Saturday mom was called by the principal to complain about you but you are still the same. Do you think you can change." She looked at me with wide eyes and then she started to laugh.
"Finally you are out." Mom said from back. She was standing near the entrance of the kitchen with her hands folded. She was glaring daggers at Ambar.
"Sorry mom." Ambar said in meak voice. Whenever she is scared her voice becomes inaudible to any normal human ear.
"Did you ate anything?" Mom asked her and she replied in yes by nodding her head.
"Then you both come in my room." She said to us and went towards her room. We kept our dishes in sink and went towards her room but Ambar was hesitant to walk in there. As if she is a stranger.

Mira's POV.
Ambar was standing at a distance from our room. Dev was looking at her. Hesitant of entering in the room.
"Mira. Tell her she is not an outcast." Dev said but until then Arush brought Ambar by dragging her with hand.
"This is still your house." He said to Ambar. The bond he shares with her is very unique. Ambar was looking at floor. Both were sitting in front of us. There was a pindrop silence in the room. Dev had so many things to say but his guilt always haunts him. But the silence came to an end by Ambar
"I thought that you guys are my parents. Bhai is my brother." She said in between her sobs. Listening to her my heart felt a great pain. I know that she feel betrayed but if God will help us she'll understand everything soon.
"I am greatful to you that you treated me as your own. You looked up to me as your own. When no one wanted me you gave me family. You gave me your name."
"I never thought or realized that I adopted you. The moment I saw you I promised myself I'll look after you as my own. Love you as my own." Dev confessed his feelings to Ambar.
"I never understood why always you Ambar." Dev said a few minutes later.
"Your father abandoned you and Raina. Raina died. It has been always you who lost everything even without your realization." Dev said calmly. He looked at her with guilt in his eyes. "I am not a good man. You lose everything that was your right because of me. People should have been happy on your birth but instead they were mourning."
"I don't have any rights on that man dad. Neither he is going to have on me." Ambar said in a firm voice. That's like my girl.
"You will be thinking why now we told you truth?" I asked Ambar to which both Ambar and Arush noded.
"That man now knows the truth Ambar. He now knows that you are his dau.......daughter and he wants you back." I told her our dilemma and both looked at me in horror. Dev was sitting like a mannequin.
"I want to know your decision Ambar." Dev said to Ambar.
"What decision?"
"Whether you want to stay with us or him." Dev replied to her.
"I will stay with you. You guys are my family. He is no one to me dad." Ambar yelled. She was irritated now.
"Can you tell him your decision?" I asked Ambar.
"Yes." She said firmly.