Chapter 18

Ambar's POV

I came back in my room and sat on the bed. Thank god I just said bitch in front of Kanwal Daadi, but I know she is going to judge me until she dies. Arush dozed of in my room. Tejas entered in the room and sat beside me. "What was I supposed to do?" I asked him.
"I have not been in such a situation so I won't tell you but you need to understand you are going to be here for a long time. I don't know much about here so all I can say is don't remove your anger on wrong people."
"Wow. I was oblivion to the fact that you can impart wisdom."
"Yeah. I guess. At least that way I will have something to say about you back home." He said with a half smile.
I smiled a little. "What will I do here?"
"I don't know." He said.
"You remember, when we were in 2nd grade, Dad took all four of us for an outing."
"Yeah. You he took us to beach and we would make castles. Saami Anna would just go there and sit beside Chikappa, Arush Anna would make castles and we use to dig holes near it."
"No matter what we tried his castle would collapse." I said. "You remember that Ferry ride I thought that this ferry will take us all back to home. But it was just a ride. That was first time I went on a ship."
"Saami Anna will come soon to meet you here." He said. I nod my head in agreement. As we were having a conversation there was a knock on door. Tejas got up and opened the door. It was Armaan. But he was not alone. He was with a boy who looked like him. Tall boy, with fair skin and doe eyed brown eyes. "Ambar meet Kabir he is my brother's son and Ridhima's older brother." He said. Seriously why does he thinks that making me meet his relatives will make me to talk nicely. But then I looked at Tejas. He was giving me death glare. It meant "Shut up Smart mouth."
"Hello Ambar." He said. Forwarding his hand for a hand shake. I looked at him. He looks sweet. I accepted the handshake. "Hi."
"I am happy to hear about your well being." He said. I smiled.

It was the other day when Arush and Tejas were returning home. They came to inspect if I am alright or not. But before that Tejas got call from Dodoamma. We got to know about Dad. I kept looking at Arush. He as always was calm and composed but worried from inside, his eyes are red and swollen very similar to mine. He is truly Mom's son in every aspect. They had called a cab for the airport. "I will come back soon." He said while tying his shoes.
"Don't worry I'll take care of myself." I said. "Tell Dad to not do anything stupid like this ever again." I said as it has started to eat me. "I am embarrassed enough to know that a demon is my biological father. Now he has done something like this." Arush kept looking at me.
"If you will keep blaming yourself for every mishap happening around you then you'll fall weak. What he did has been handled already. There is no need for you to live in guilt. Every man is responsible for his actions." He said. "I hope I have imparted at least 3 months worth of wisdom in you." He said.
We walked out of the house. He said goodbye to everyone and we came out of the house. "What should I tell them?" He asked me.
I looked at him. He wants an answer for them so that they can live in peace. This is the least I can do for them. Give them assurance or false hopes. "Give them my message." I said and told him everything. Tears were falling down from my eyes but I wasn't weeping. I will not weep until he leaves. Because I know he will not cry in front of me. They both sat in the car and they left. I stood there looking at them going away. As they went far, the more dark it seemed around me. This summer was jinx. I said to myself. I went back in. I never wondered first but now I realise. Arush was my first friend ever. Most of the things I know he taught me.
I climbed stairs slowly. I felt tired. "Ambar" he called me. I turned around and there was Armaan.

Armaan's POV

She stopped and turned towards me. She looked at me. Her eyes were red and she seemed tired. "Now what?" She asked.
"I am sorry for"
"Shut up alright." She said. "I have never been so embarrassed in my entire life. Because of you my Dad tried to kill himself. My mother is dealing with this shit. We are dealing with things that we never imagined of. For hell's sake tell me why?"