Chapter 11

Dev's POV.

It's July now. Arush has gone on a medical camp along with his friends. Mira is now working in some other hospital. The job is new so she has to give her full time in it. Ambar passed with flying colours. I was about to get a massive heart attack when she said that her results are out the very next day of the court case. Any ways I am happy that she is clear enough to think what she wants to do in life. She wants to be a stock broker. How did she ended up with that or else the reason can be business is in her blood.
No I should not think like that it is not good. Every one but Subbu's son Vijay is going for medical camp. Arush was so furious. His best friend is not going. God knows what is wrong with that kid. Ambar is with Srinidhi and Saami. Saami and Srinidhi along with Srinidhi's youngest son Tejas and with Ambar are selecting for their new college. Tejas and Ambar are of same age.

I am in my restaurant in the kitchen. The new chef is good.
"Sir your friend is waiting for you in restaurant." My receptionist informed me.
"Has Subbu came?" I ask her.
"Yes sir." He replied.
I walk out of the kitchen giving final instructions to the new boy. I went into the restaurant there Subbu is sitting on a seat in the corner.
"Subbu why are you sitting here?" I ask him.
"Dev I want to talk with you alone." He said to me in a panicked voice.
"Come with me." I took him with me to my office.
"What happened Subbu?"
"Dev my son Vijay got arrested yesterday from a night club."
"What?"
"He is framed into it. Arman did it." He said. After that he breakdown into tears.
"And .....and he says he'll frame Vijay in drug trafficking case if.....if we....don..... don't give him"
"Ambar." I completed his words. I can't believe it he has fallen so low. Now he is targeting college going kids.
How can he do this?
"Dev he'll ruin my son. They have arrested him on non bailable charges."
"I can understand Subbu but I can't push Ambar in a dark well." I try to make him understand my dilemma.
"She is not even your own child. You just fell in love with her because of regret and that's the truth. Dev I can't sacrifice my son for her." He said in anger. His words were filled with venom. But they were partly true.
"I know that you are dying in worry for your son but do not say anything bad about her because I won't tolerate it again." I said to him. Damn I just lost control from myself.
"Let's meet Arman." I said to him. I called Srinidhi and told her everything. She said she'll meet me at Arman's place.
We drive to Arman's hotel. "Mr. Dev Mehra?" A woman called me. I turned back to see a woman dressed in formals in her 30's.
"I am Rina Sharma. Mr. Ranyal has ordered me to escort you to his room personally." She said. Me and Subbu follow her and she left us in his room.
There he is sitting on the sofa.
"You bastard you have crossed all lines now. Don't involve kids in these things." I yelled. He smiled at me. How much I want to kill him at this moment.
"I had asked you but you didn't listen to me so suffer the consequences. Now listen to me Dev if you don't give me Ambar I'll let that boy rot behind the bars and later unwillingly I'll come after your son and then I'll ruin you again. I'll take what is mine."
"Don't even think about it."

Arman's POV.
"Don't even think about it." I hear Mira yelling. Srinidhi is standing beside her.
"Arman enough, these boys you intend to harm have played with Ambar. They love her like a sister. Harming them would mean you would earn Ambar's hatred." Srinidhi said.
"Dear Srinidhi you are not in a position of giving a lecture on wisdom." I said. It's just a matter of few hours I know they'll bend.
"Fine." Dev said. "I'll give you Ambar." He said. "But how can I believe you will leave Vijay." He asked me.
"What I'll do with that boy. He is harmless little fellow just paying for his father's friendship with you." I'm feeling so bad for getting the boy arrested. I didn't intend to harm any of the boys but Dev has not left any option for me.

"Have you lost your mind Dev." Mira yelled at Dev. "We can't give our daughter to a man like this."

"And if we don't he'll ruin Vijay. How many more houses are going to ruin because of us Mira? How many more people will pay the price for helping us? Raina's death still haunts me."

This silenced Mira. This silenced everyone in the room.

"Srinidhi where are kids?" Dev asked Srinidhi.

"They are with Saami."

"Tell him to come at our place with kids." He took a deep breath and left the room. Mira followed her. I can't believe this. It's really happening.

Mira's POV.

As we left Arman's room I held Dev's arm in anger and cornered him.

"Have you again started drinking Dev? This is the same man who ruined his own house, he punched you and tried to strangle Raina. Are these reasons not enough for you to fight with him or do you fear him?"

"I don't fear him Mira but right now he has got Vijay in jail. I do not want him to hurt any of the boys. Try to be patient Mira because time is against us." He said.

"TIME HAS BEEN ALWAYS AGAINST US. Did it stopped me or you from living or breathing no then how can it stop you from being protective towards your daughter."

"Because right now another boy's life hang's in this crisis. He can do anything to fulfill his agenda. I am sorry but we have to give up Ambar." He said and left me in the corridor.

"Mira." Akka called me. Subbu is standing beside him. "Just listen to him at once." She said to me pointing towards Subbu.
"Mira, he said that he'll frame Vijay in drugs or for any other disgusting charge. Please Mira let this happen. I promise you. I'll bring her back to you one day."
"One day?" I said.

Ambar's POV.

I hear the tires screeching. Saami Anna left me home in hurry. Why? Oh god is anything wrong. Suddenly dad enters into the house. His eyes are red and so his face.

"Nilu." He shouts. Nilu didi comes running in the drawing hall. Damn what has she done? Oh god did he found out that I have burnt all of my preliminary exam papers in which I scored low. I had told him that my mam has the paper and she is on a leave.

"Yes sir?"

"Nilu pack Ambar's stuff right now." Me and Nilu didi both kept looking at Dad.

"What? Why Dad? I did nothing."

"I know. But you have to leave because you have to go with Arman." He looked at Nilu didi again. "We are short on time Nilu, do it right now." Listening this Nilu didi ran upstairs towards my room.

"Why?" I ask.

"He has Subbu uncle's son.He got him arrested for some charges which will be enough to destroy his life." Dad said.

"So you agreed to give me to him."
"Yes. I'm doing it to save his life dear please try to understand. We have to be quick or else we I'll be reason of one more ruined life." I can't believe this my dad is negotiating.

"I won't go until mom comes. I won't go at all. I'll stay here. The court gives me the right to stay here. I won't go."

"I beg you Ambar just leave so that there will be one family less to mourn." I couldn't say anything more. Now it is clear I am a threat to all those close to me.

"Are you ready?" It's his voice. Arman is standing on door. Damnit this is all planned. Maybe that's the reason Mom is not present here. And then there is noise of something being dragged. I look up towards the stairs and Nilu didi is dragging a suitcase down. On her shoulder there is my side bag.

"Well Dev be proud of your decision the boy is out. Now sign these custody papers right now." He gave a set of papers to Dad. Dad took them and without even giving a chance of thinking he read them and signed the papers.

"You better take care of her Arman."He returned the papers to him and Arman took it. After that Arman took my hand.
"Thank you for taking care of her Dev." He said. I couldn't stop tears from flowing.
"Dad please, I don't want to go." I begged but he turned his face away and then Arman started to drag me out from my house. I kept crying but no one listened to me. He pushed me in his car.

Whoever is listening to my prayers please send my Mom here she'll save me. As I prayed fruitlessly Arman manages to get me in his car and with that he took me away from my home.