Chapter 8

Ambar's POV.
Mom and Dad were adamant to make me meet that man. I slept at three and woke up at 9 in morning. Mom and dad told me that we will meet him today itself. I felt like I have to ride two bikes at once. Today Nilu Didi made breakfast. We all were tired. How can I not be their daughter? This question was eating me up but later I realized they both are too good to have a daughter like me.
"Ambar!" Dad called me as I was trying to avoid a direct eye contact.
"Yes dad?" I replied to him looking at the floor. He took my hand in his and caressed it gently.
"What do you think about me?" He asked looking blankly at me. What do I think about him? I don't know.
"Ambar there can be a time when we have to fight a legal custody battle. I don't know what will be it's result. There can be even a time when the prosecutor can accuse me and your mother. They will say false things. They will ask bad things from you and even try to brainwash you." What these kind of allegations happen in court. No wonder why dad gave up practising his career.
"Dad aren't you worried of people?"
I asked him.
"Ambar people and society are just audience to our problems and no one among them helps in bad times. I have experience. Now it doesn't matters to me what people and society will think about me. What matters to me is what do you think about me?" I was just looking at him. Not able to answer any of his questions.
"Its too fast for you Ambar. Fine so at afternoon you'll meet that man in his hotel where he stays. Arush will go with you."
"Are you sending me to negotiate?"
"No I am sending you there so that you tell him about your decision. For now negotiation is not an option nor a choice."
Bhai is having holidays for his exams. He is always around now a days. Me and Bhai left to meet him. Dad had send his driver to drive us till there. When we reached the hotel there we went to receptionist to know in which room is he​ staying.
"Miss Ambar." A woman called my name from back. I turned towards her to see. She was an average height​ woman who looked in her early 30's.
"Yes." I replied.
"Welcome Ms. Ambar. I am Rina Sharma personal secretary of Mr. Ranyal." She gave me her introduction.
"Thank you Ms. Sharma. I'll like to meet Mr. Ranyal as soon as possible. Me and my brother are here to discuss something with him."
"Well he is waiting to meet you. Please come with me."
We both follow her to a lift and she took us to the last floor and then we stop in front of a door. Room no. 2307.
She rings the doorbell​ and then he opens it. He. He was smiling looking at us.
"From here I'll take care Rina. Thanks." He said it in his heavy baritone voice.
"Please come in you both." He said gently. We both entered his room quietly. "Arush and Ambar make yourself comfortable."
"We are not here to get comfortable Mr. Ranyal. My little sister has come here to discuss something very important." Arush said bluntly.

Armand's POV.

"I know Arush that she is here to talk to me but we can relax first. Since it's so hot will you both like take some beverages."
"No." They both said in unison.
"You look so much like Raina, Ambar. So much." I said to her. To make her aware how beautiful her mother was.
"Mr. Ranyal I know everything." She said giving me a cold look.
"Ambar I was at fault. Everything was my mistake. I take full responsibility of everything but I was not aware of your presence." I confessed to her.
"Does it makes any change?" She said.
"Of course it does. You are my daughter. You should stay with me. With your father. You are my family Ambar."
"No I am not. The moment you left your wife you left me." She said firmly. She really knows everything.
"Ambar every person should get a chance for redemption."
"What kind of chance?" Arush asked interrupting me in between.
"Ambar should stay with me from now." I give my opinion to them.
"Are you out of your mind. You're​ telling me to leave my parents. Mr. Ranyal you're not asking for redemption you're asking an opportunity." She yelled.
"Ambar I am staying alone for 15 years. Even Dev stayed quiet but he has everything. His silence took everything away from me."
"Mr. Ranyal we know that and trust me my dad is going to die with that guilt." Arush said.
"Mr. Ranyal giving you a chance will be unjust to my parents especially to my mother." Ambar said. Her words hurt me deeply. "I am here to tell you that truth isn't going to change anything. I am and will be daughter of Dev and Mira Mehra. I will always stay with them."
"Ambar please. It's​ not just me. Raina's mother too wants to have you." I begged her.
"Even she abandoned my birth mother. She too was unjust. Every woman loves her child but a mother not only loves but also protects her child from difficulties​. Did she?"
Her accusations are correct. I have nothing to say that can defend me.
"Mr. Ranyal I have my life here with my family. It'll be good for you to move on and start a life for yourself. I hope you will not stay alone. I'll pray for you." She said that and left. She left me. She left with Arush who was giving me a sympathic look. I was left in my room alone. Vulnerable. But I won't give up. The first time I gave up I lost everything. But this time I will fight until the ball drops in my court.
I know what I have to do to and Dev will watch helplessly. I picked my phone and called Aditya.
"Hello Aditya."
"Yes. Sir. "
"File the case."
"Ok Sir."
"Aditya make sure I win because this time I can't afford to loose."
"Sir we have to stay here for a long time until we win."
"Fine. File the custody case."