Chapter 18

After the day he brought me to my cottage, things have been very different.

He doesn't avoid me anymore instead he is doing the opposite. I feel like I can't go anymore without him showing up.

Even with the lessons with Sapnap he manages to find an excuse to be there. The most annoying part is that he doesn't even say anything to me.

The only good thing that has come out of it is that he now goes to the wedding planning meetings. Even though he doesn't say anything there either, his presence is kind of comforting.

The days leading up to the wedding have been diminishing fast and this was my last day before I would officially become Dream's wife.

The only thing I had to do today was practice the dance I have been learning to show the guests. I am extremely bad at dancing and I have almost no rhythm.

I practice every day with random guards they send to take Dream's place. Even they were better than me.

I was starting to get a lot better so I assumed that practice would be cut short and I would have the rest of the day to myself.

I go to the ballroom right on time and look to see what guard they had sent for me to rehearse with.

Yet a guard isn't who I see waiting for me. Dream was sitting on a chair putting on his dress shoes. He wasn't wearing any armour, the only thing familiar on his body was his mask.

I go to walk up to my heels that I was forced to practice in because they were the shoes I would wear to the wedding.

I didn't know whether to curse him for being here or sarcastically say 'it's about time'.

I chose neither. "Do you even know how to dance?" I figured he spent most of his time consulting about war plans and how he could ruin the country more.

He looks up from his shoes, now looking at me. "Yes."

His shoes now tied, he walks over to where I am putting on my own. He gets on one knee and pushes my hand away from the strap of my heel. "So now you get on one knee? Not for the proposal, but to help me put on my shoes." He ignored my comment.

Dream finished strapping both of my heels for me.

"I could have done that myself you know."

He only shakes his head and grabs my hand to pull me up from my seat and walks me over to the center of the ballroom.

He looks over to the girl that hits the music for us and nods his head.

The song the wedding planners chose starts playing and he grabs my hand and puts the other on my waist.

"This song?" he asked me while our feet moved around the dance room.

It was "Us" by James Bay. (Feel free to imagine your own but I liked this song for the situation. I thought no Minecraft disc music fits the situation haha.)

"I didn't choose it." It was the truth. The wedding planners chose most of everything.

We continue dancing in sync around the room. My gaze falled to my feet making sure I wouldn't misstep.

"Why are you so tense?" he asked, noticing that I was most definitely overthinking every step I was making.

"Because I don't want to trip and fall." I answered harshly.

"Don't believe I would catch you?"

His question made my heart beat faster, I looked up from my feet to look at him.

Dancing with him couldn't compare to the other guards. His hand on my waist sat there more comfortably and he was a lot closer. It made me worry more about misstepping due to the fact I wasn't used to the closeness of my feet with my dance partner's.

The song was reaching the end and I had done a pretty good job with not looking at my feet.

Until the very last note I stumbled a bit almost falling backwards. However Dream moved his hand on my waist to my back making it look like he was dipping me.

We were in that position for a little until he pulled me back to my feet. The song had now ended and the people there started clapping. I almost entirely forgot they were watching.

"See you tomorrow." He looked at me for another second looking like he wanted to say something else but chose against it.

He would see me tomorrow and there was nothing I could do about it.

Hey guys thank you so much for reading!

I just wanted to say if you see any updates on me updating past chapters, I promise it is just fixing grammar and plot holes. You will not be missing anything important if you already read that chapter.

Also thank you for all the nice comments about the book, it definitely keeps me motivated to post more.

The wedding will most likely start the next chapter and I am super excited because a lot will be happening!