Chapter 3

I slowly walk up the cobblestone stairs arriving at huge iron double doors.

I take one last deep breath and then enter the building. I look around and notice that there are only two people at the table. Both of them are sitting at an opposing end of the wooden table. So no one is truly the head.

I recognize the one to my left as Wilbur. To no surprise he is not wearing any armour, just a long grey coat. He sees no use because his words are just as powerful as any sword. When I look to my right I see a person who highly contrasted Wilbur. He had enchanted netherite armour and a mask on that only showed his emerald green eyes. From what I could see past his mask, were locks of blonde hair peeking through his shiny helmet.

"Welcome (y/n)," Wilbur stands up to greet me with a simple handshake and leads me to my seat in the middle of the two of them. "Glad you showed up".

I sit in the seat that was obviously designated for me.

"Of course, I wouldn't have turned down an opportunity to serve my leader", I say with as much enthusiasm as I could muster up.

I hear a scoff from the mysterious man to my right.

"Was that funny?", I do my best to try not to come off rude because obviously he must be of some importance.

"Yes I am sorry. I didn't mean to laugh, it is just that you called him your leader. When he is the leader of nothing but some broken teenagers." the man declared in a brash tone, "How rude, let me introduce myself. I am Dream".

He then proceeds to reach for a handshake. Wilbur was right, this man was a bitch.

I choose to ignore his offer for a handshake. I wasn't going to shake the hand of the man who refuses to offer us our freedom.

I turn towards Wilbur trying my best to ignore the malicious dictator to my right.

"Why have I been asked to be here?"

"Ahh yes (y/n), I'm sorry for the lack of information. As you probably know we have reached the brink of what we can offer Dream for the peace of L'Manburg. He asked that by tomorrow we raise white flags for our surrender," Wilbur said calmly.

I try not to gasp. I knew that we were trying to negotiate freedom with words rather than lives, but I didn't know that that plan would end as soon as tomorrow.

Wilbur proceeds, "So I have conversed with Dream and he had one last offer that I think we should take him up on."

Wilbur was beating around the bush and I couldn't stand it. I just wanted him to get his request over with so I can leave.

"He has requested an arranged marriage between a woman of L'Manburg and himself in order to solidify a strong alliance."

I gulped and looked around the room hoping some other woman would show up and take my place.

But no one showed up.