Chapter 22

I looked in the mirror at my wedding dress. It used to radiate perfection with the elegant white but now it was dyed with blood. Dream's blood.

The material was suffocating to be in and I almost ripped it off. I put on some of my usual clothes. Ones that didn't contain any correlation to today's events.

I was waiting in my room for news about his condition. My mind was circling around at the thought of him dying.

He couldn't just die for me that was the whole point of this marriage. No one was supposed to die for me.

My door had opened and revealed a shaken Sapnap.

"(Y/n) are you okay?" he asks me.

"No I'm not. Dream could die, like actually die."

He nods sort of understanding what I was feeling. "We got the man responsible."

Instead of looking happy his face was anything but. He continued, "He will only speak to you."

The man that just attempted to murder me wants to talk now? He doesn't deserve a conversation with me. "What if I say no?"

"I don't know."

I thought to myself for a little, but then I decided that I wanted to hear what he had to say. I wanted to see him cowered in a cell where he could no longer hurt anyone. "Fine."

Sapnap led me down to the dungeon. It was dark and vacant besides the spiders that took home here. He told me on the way here that they rarely even use the cells. I guess this was a special occasion then.

We reached the cell that was being guarded by two men. Just seeing his pig mask made me want to kill him.

He looks up from the ground to my direction.

"Why have you asked to speak with me?" I asked him harshly.

"I will talk once they leave." he points in the direction of the guards.

I nodded my head and the two guards complied. Sapnap was harder to convince to leave but eventually he did too.

Once we were alone he said, "Honestly I am surprised. My plan to kill you was fool proof. I guess I undermined you and Dream's relationship. Like I knew you were getting married but I honestly thought it was just for politics. He must really love you."

I scoff and roll my eyes at the comment. This man knew nothing about Dream and I. "What do you want?'

"I think it is more about what you want," he says. He reaches to a pocket and pulls out a totem of undying.

I gasped at the sight. They were extremely rare and if I could give it to Dream he would live. "What do you want for it?"

"It seems Dream would risk a lot to save your life and I have a feeling you would do the same for him whether you know it or not," he continues with his request, "I want you to let me free."

I laughed at what he was asking for. "The most I could grant you is being saved from the death penalty. You have assassinated one of their leaders and almost killed another. If you ever were to think they would let you leave these cells you are out of your mind."

"I am not asking them, I am asking you. You can get me out of here yourself."

I guess he was right but I don't know what would happen to me if they caught me doing this. This is definitely a high form of treason.

"How much is Dream's life worth to you?" he adds.

Honestly I didn't know the answer to that question. Everything I thought of Dream went out the window once he sacrificed himself for me. Yes he had done things I thought of as unforgivable but it is so difficult to hate someone that would do that for me. But that doesn't mean I am okay with the things he has made me do.

Yet I have no left besides him. Everyone is gone. Maybe saving him was selfish but the thought of having no one outweighed my concerns. So I said yes.

I just made a deal with the devil.

Thank you so much for 40k reads in 10 days wth!! I don't know if that's normal cause this is my first book but it definitely feels crazy. 

I thought this book would be 20 chapters and I was so wrong omg.