Chapter 16

It had now been a couple days since I had woken up with my hands bandaged. They now were pretty much healed.

I had spent most of the days with Sapnap in the garden and it was kind of nice. He is good company and it has been keeping my thoughts off of the whole Tommy thing.

I haven't seen Dream since because he has been avoiding my presence ever since that night. Sapnap says he is busy but I don't believe that bullshit. Dream makes his own schedule so he was just choosing to avoid me.

It isn't that I want to spend any time with him anyways. It is just getting embarrassing how many wedding planning meetings I have been forced to go to without a groom.

The wedding planners that I have met are kind of crazy. They will ask for my opinion on literally everything, ranging from quantity of flowers to invitation font size. I get it is their job but can't they see from my bored expression that I don't care. They could put venus flytraps on the tables and I wouldn't give a shit.

They also keep on telling me 'this will be the wedding of the century'. Like couldn't they see that nothing but hatred bonded Dream and I together and that this wedding is nothing but a treaty without the words.

The only aspect of the planning I cared about was who got invited. When the planners brought it up during one of the sessions I almost grabbed it right out of her hands. I remember scanning the list to see who was invited from L'Manburg.

Tommy's name was nowhere to be found.

That gets us to the present day, where I was going to beat Dream's ass.

I scanned the hallways until I found Sapnap at his usual post. When he wasn't helping me with history, he would stand by and guard an area.

I ran up to him. "Hey Sap, do you happen to know where Dream is?"

He looked up at him and I think he contemplated if he was going to be honest. He sighed, "He is in his room, but don't disturb. . ."

I didn't listen to the rest of his sentence, I was already skipping down the hall till I reached his door.

I stared at it for a little until I gained the courage to open it.

The door revealed a room that almost looked exactly like what I thought it would.

There were a couple of windows but they were covered in black drapes. Much of the light came from the dimly lit torches that were beside the door and bed. Most of everything was black but some stuff had green accents to it. The only thing I didn't expect was a cat bed with a cat in it. The cat was brown with some black, heavily contrasting Christmas.

Seeing another cat made me miss mine more. I hoped Tommy kept her despite his hatred towards me.

I heard Dream clear his throat and I glanced up at him, snapping out of my thoughts. God I needed to stop daydreaming. "What are you doing?"

"I-", I looked towards the man, my breathing hitched as I looked at his face for the first time. He no longer wore the mask that covered his features and he was surprisingly handsome. His green eyes still stuck out no matter what was going on on the other parts of his face.

I snap out of it, remembering that I came here because I am mad at him. "I came here to ask why Tommy isn't invited. I get you think he might do something irrational but I promise you after what I said he won't. Please I have always thought he would be at my wedding."

In my wedding not at.

Dream glanced at me before proceeding to wave me over to sit on his couch with him. I complied sitting right next to him. "(Y/n) he was invited", he hesitated before continuing, "But he declined the invite."

I looked at him hoping to see some sort of detection of deceitfulness. It seemed he was being honest, but I never knew with a man like Dream.

Tommy was really done with me.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" I wanted to change the subject before I really had to process what he said.

"I wanted to show you something."