Chapter 17

"Show me something? That doesn't mean you have to avoid me and leave me alone at those horrid meetings."

He smiled. "I will attend some I promise. But I needed time to set it up for you."

I was confused more than ever. He almost seemed nice and I was close to believing it. I am sure this is his way of being civil, but civil didn't mean friends. Friends don't take the person they love from them.

"Let's go." He took my hand and I grabbed it. Before leaving the room he put on his armour and mask looking more like his usual self.

He began to lead me all the way to Sapnap's post. If his big plan was to show me Sapnap I would be a little mad. Except Dream just whispered something to him and he nodded.

Dream led me outside and on to a path.

We walked on to it until I saw the chimney smoke of a place I recognized. He has led me back to my cottage. My home.

I dragged his arm so he would walk faster and then we reached my all too familiar door. "It took you days to plan this?"

He just nodded. I figured he had to coordinate it with the guards for them to let him leave. They were always a little uptight on the rules since what happened to the last king.

"Why did you bring me here, Dream?"

He looked down at me softly. "Because I took away your George. (Y/n) I will not ever regret my decisions and I don't regret the one that made you lose your friend. You can hate me for it all you want but soon we will be married. This is my gesture of peace."

Peace, the very thing that this marriage was built for and we struggled to do it ourselves. I looked towards my home and back at Dream. "I can stare at that house, I can go inside but it doesn't matter. It will never be mine again. No matter what I will have to return back to my cage that you put me in. You have taken away everything from me and given up nothing yourself. The day you give up something you love, then we can have peace."

I turn to leave but he grabs mine and he pulls me close. "Now tell me (Y/n). What do I do if I love nothing?"

My eyes gravitate to his. It was hard to see a strong leader in him when now all I could see was a broken boy that has nothing to live for. I think it has been so easy for him to ruin my life because he is truly dead inside. He doesn't have it in him to feel any sympathy.

I take my hand that wasn't being held by him to uncover his mask. He didn't stop me.

I took it fully off his head and dropped it on the ground. I didn't know why I felt the urge to see his face again but I did.

"Hate me less. That is what you do."

He looked taken aback at my answer to the question. However he turned me around so my back was now facing his chest and pulled some of my hair behind my ear. He leaned down his mouth a few inches away from my ear. "I don't hate you. I hate you less everyday and hate myself more for it."

The familiar warmth of his breath takes over the senses of my body. It made me weak. It was a drug that I craved.

Pull yourself together goddammit (y/n).

I pulled away from him. "Just take me back."