Chapter 5

I was running. Running towards my house, running away from thinking about the condescending deal I just made. It was harder to see where I was going as my vision blurred. My eyes were wet from the tears that were spilling out.

I arrived at my house to see Tommy waiting for me on my doorstep. I quickly wiped my tears hoping he didn't notice the puffiness of my eyes.

"How was it supergirl?" he asked, not noticing the pain in my eyes or maybe he was just choosing to ignore it.

"Come inside". I opened the door and walked in, not looking at what I would guess is a surprised face.

He didn't look around judging and he didn't look at me differently. Maybe he was right, I just overthink everything.

We just sat there in silence. It was almost nice, but every second I thought it was going to be okay, I remembered that I would have to tell him I am leaving.

I took a deep breath.

"I am leaving", I said bluntly.

"To where?" he laughed as such a silly thought. I never left, the only place I ever went was to the field.

"I would rather not explain. I need help packing. Will you lend me a hand?", I asked while getting up to grab some boxes.

"(Y/N) where are you going?" he repeated.

I chose to ignore him.

"I need you to take in Christmas. I don't want her to be alone."

At this point I'm trying my best to hold in the tears.

"(Y/N), where?" he asked firmly.

I couldn't look him in the eyes. How could I? I wouldn't know the next time I would see him. The worst part was I couldn't even tell him why. Because if he knew he would never forgive himself for being the reason I would give up everything for.

Sick of not getting an answer he goes to the door.

"Then I am leaving."

He reaches for the handle and that was the farthest I was going to let him go.

"I am marrying Dream," I say in almost a whisper. For the first time I looked at his face. I see his eyebrows furrowing showing his confusion, then I see it turn to rage.

"I'm going to kill Wilbur."

"No you are going to help me pack because you love me. You love me more than you hate him." I didn't mean to assume such a strong thing, it was just the only way he would stay.

And just like that, without saying anything he helps me pack. I tried to cover my distaste for the marriage so he wouldn't ask questions. I think he understands if I could have gotten out of it, I would've.

After a too short of a time it is finished and curfew is about to start. I looked around to see my bookshelf filled with my favorite things to read was now completely bare. I turned to see my closet that was filled with my plain and torn clothes also packed away in one of the few boxes I was taking with me.

"I will pick up Christmas tomorrow after you have left. I don't think I can stand to say goodbye to you twice." I glanced up to see the boy that was always smiling and filled with joy now wears a broken expression. I looked at my feet because my distressed boots were a better sight than Tommy right now.

"Look at me," he said taking a step closer to me, "might be the last time you see such a handsome guy."

I laughed, among the tears now going down my cheek, I laughed because he can make anyone laugh. I close the distance between us with a tight hug because I just didn't want him to slip away from me.

However, it was his time to go and just like that. I was all alone.