Chapter 19

Today was the day. The day that I have been dreading for some time now.

I woke up with an ache in my stomach.

I was getting very anxious about the wedding. It hurt to know that when I would look in the crowd of the attendees, I might not see any comforting face.

Maybe at least Tubbo would show up.

I was put in the wedding dress in a room kind of hidden from everything else.

The dress was absolutely breath-taking and I am glad the wedding planners chose it. It wasn't too puffy. Only tight at the part of my waist but it flowed down as it got down to my feet. The straps were thin and they embodied flowers so did the whole part of my top. The dress was simplistic yet beautiful.

It was weird to think only a couple weeks ago I owned no dresses at all.

It seemed the ladies were done getting me ready as my hair was put up and my makeup was done. So they left telling me that someone would return to walk me down the aisle.

About 5 minutes after they left. I heard a knock at the door, I went up to open the door until I realized.

The person knocked four times. Four, not less and not anymore.

Maybe it was just someone that did it randomly, but I couldn't get it out of my head that it was him.

I opened my door and there he was. He was here. Tommy came back.

He stared at me admiring my appearance until he didn't. His face turned sour, "You even look different."

He went in the room and shut the door behind him.

"Tommy what are you doing here?" I asked not knowing what answer I was even hoping for.

"Don't marry him."

Don't marry him, God I wish it was that easy. "We talked about this, no matter what you say it will not change..."

He interrupts me mid sentence, "What if I told you I loved you?"

My heart skipped at him almost confessing he loved me, but then I snapped back into reality. The reality that I couldn't love him back without him losing his life.

"I already told you I love. . ."

He interrupts me again. "Goddamit (n/n), I know what you told me. But he isn't here, you can tell me the truth. You don't love him." Despite the words coming out confident it seemed he was saying it to convince himself too.

I didn't say anything back to him, I couldn't find the words. I was put in an impossible situation. I wanted to tell him I loved him back. I wanted to run away with him and not look back. Yet I couldn't.

"Choose. A life with him or a life with me." he continues adding, "But this is it. If you choose him, I am leaving and when he breaks your heart I won't be here to put it back together."

Breathing now became hard to do. I looked at him, he was usually full of a bright smile and optimism but now he lacked any bit of joy. I did that to him.

I pulled myself together, telling myself over and over again that this was what was best for him. "I choose him." my voice in almost a whisper.

His expression dropped and he looked devastated. "I will make sure Christmas gets here. I am not being your damn cat sitter anymore."

He left and now the tears came down uncontrollably. I did my best to pull myself together because my makeup was smearing down my cheek. But the tears never stopped.