Chapter 31

I looked at him with disgust. "That is so unsanitary."

He chuckled. "Unless you want to meet the new president and vice president of L'Manburg with egg in your hair, then by all means."

"I get to come with?", I said in a half surprised tone.

I guess I am just used to being overlooked by people in power. During my whole allegiance to Wilbur he has only invited me once and that was because I was his only option. My passion for my country and love for my friends made me blind to the manipulation, but now I can finally see things for how they are. However I doubt Dream is inviting me because he cares about my opinion, it is probably my 'duty' as his wife.

He stared at me intently, watching as my internal conflict messed with my facial expressions.

"Yes. My country has two leaders now and I want everyone to know it. Going by myself would give the opportunity for them to see us as weak."

Two leaders, not one.

He continued, "But I am not bringing you with, if you still smell like that."

I playfully hit him at his crude comment. "Fine take me there."

*  *  *

We reached the place Dream was talking to me about. It was absolutely breathtaking. There was a huge lake with clear water that perfectly reflected the sky leaving it bright blue. To my left there was a huge waterfall that rushed with white water and filled the usually quiet forest with sound.

I don't know how long I stood there in awe. I was so used to the scenery of L'Manburg, I realized I never really saw the world. The corrupt place filled with war and conflict wasn't what it truly was. Behind the wall of social construct was a beautiful place, not tainted with destruction of the human kind.

"When this is all over, I will take you wherever your heart desires."

I nodded slightly at his words and took my shoes off. I walked towards the shore dipping my toes in the little bit of sand there was. I walked even further to put my feet in the wading water.

Chills went through my body as it was freezing. I looked down towards the contents of the water and saw as the floor soon disappeared in the depths of the water.

"How deep is the water?"

"Deep."

"I don't know how to swim." I told him, not looking at him but my reflection in the water. I was always a little embarrassed about that but again when would I have had time?

I heard his feet next to me sinking in the sand and soon the reflection showed both of our faces.

"You don't need to know how. Don't you trust me?'

I turn my body to face his.

He is the only one that tells me the truth despite how much it hurts to hear. He is the only one that would've jumped in front of that arrow, saving my life. He is the only one that hasn't left me. So maybe it was stupid to think, but I trusted him more than anyone in my life.

I think he took my silence as a yes, as he took off his shirt revealing his toned body. He threw it on the ground.

My eyes trailed down his chest as I admired what was in front of me. I felt my cheeks flush with heat and I looked away.

"Oh come on, don't get shy now princess. How many days ago was it that you wanted to rip this shirt off of me yourself?" he laughed.

The memories came back to me whether I wanted them to do. I don't know why that day I was so bold, maybe it was due to the fact that he saved my life, twice.

I follow him and take off my shirt, leaving me with my black, lacy bralette.

Now it was Dream's turn to stare. I wonder if he thought about that day in his bedroom and I wonder if now he regretted denying me what I wanted to do that day.

Now he took down his pants leaving him with his black boxers that were tight against him and once again I mirrored his actions.

I walked over to him and went on my tippy toes and put my hands on his bare chest. I did my best to get as close to his ear and I whispered in it. "Now what?"

He glanced towards me and leaned down to lick a part of my neck that was covered with sugar and bit down a little. It hit the mark that he put there just a couple days ago. I moaned a little at the mix of pleasure and pain.

"I can't help but ask myself if you taste this sweet everywhere."

I feel the familiar warmth fill my cheeks at his words.

He takes my hand and pulls me towards the water, choosing not to find out.

It felt as cold as ice and my body reacted by shivering. We continued to go deeper and soon we got so far in that I could no longer touch the ground.

"Hold on and close your eyes."

I complied, wrapping my legs around the front of his body. As he dived under the water he brought me with him.

Even though I didn't know what it was like to swim, I felt like I could, even if it was for a small moment and I have never felt so free.

It was like the water was washing more than the baking ingredients from my body. It was taking away every last puppet string that was controlling and restraining me.

This was the moment, that one thing that you pinpoint when you look at someone in a different way. This was it for me. I felt that the clarity in my head was the same as the water I was being submerged in. It was like Dream was the only one that could set me free from the cage that I was stuck in.

How is it that I fall for the villain of the story?

But even then, he has never really been the villain of mine.

Long chapter because I am sorry for not updating sooner, online school is just kicking my ass.