Chapter 4

"You have to be kidding! This is your request? For me to give up my life, for me to give up my basic rights as a human?"I yelled, no longer caring about trying to be respectful.

I stand up proceeding to the two iron doors that I had entered through. They wouldn't open.

"I assumed you would do that," Wilbur said calmly.

I think it was the calmness in the two men that really ticked me off. Obviously they were calm because neither of them really had to give up anything. It was me that had to do the real sacrifice.

"No," I said.

"No?" the man I thought I knew said, "There are no no's. This is your duty to your country."

"My duty to the country that has promised freedom. Not after a country who uses my loss of freedom as something to build this country off of", I yelled. As my anger started to build my filter no longer existed. "I will not let you do this to me, because let us be honest here. You only chose me because I was your only option. Not because you believe me to be some heroin or because you admire the way I carry myself. It is because your only other option is Niki, and of course you wouldn't offer her up to the devil."

Wilbur sighed clearly tired of my rebuttal. I look to see Dream is just sitting there watching my every move, not planning on cutting in anytime soon.

"(Y/n), you have constantly asked for a responsibility so here you go. This is your chance to serve your country in the most important way possible. As much as you hate me I know you love Tommy and Tubbo. So if you were to deny my request. Tomorrow they will be in a war they can not win. They will both die on the front lines. Do you want their deaths to be on you?" The way he had everything worded so perfectly I knew that he had prepared for this.

"No sir", I said mockingly.

No longer was the tall outspoken man a leader that deserved my respect. But he in my eyes is the same as the man I thought he contrasted just a little earlier. This man is a selfish bitch. What can I say. I hate bitches ruling the country.

"Great now that is over with you can sign the contract", Dream said, speaking for the first time in

awhile.

He handed me a contract which was a huge packet of words with a line to sign at the very end which already contained the signatures of Dream and Wilbur. It seems they were pretty damn confident that I would give in.

I realized that I should read every single word. Every word that would probably get rid of another right of mine. But I couldn't. I knew if I read what my future contains, that I would consider not signing. Which I didn't have time to be selfish because as many rights as I would have to give up, I couldn't imagine what it would feel like to have the weight of Tubbo or Tommy's death on me.

I signed it and handed it back to him. He puts it in one of his pockets.

"Pleasure doing business." He gets up to shake hands with Wilbur's hand. He looks towards me, deciding against doing the same as I rejected his offer earlier. "Pack your things, tonight is your last night in Manburg".