Chapter 33

We reached the building where not so long ago a contract was signed sealing my life off. One that may have either been the best thing to have happened to me or the worst. That is something I am still trying to figure out.

I stared at the doors for a little trying to muster up the courage to open them. I felt as Dream grabbed my hand and squeezed it giving me reassurance.

That was all I needed to continue forward and reach the door handle. I grabbed the cold metal piece and turned it.

In the room were two men. One was an extremely tall man with some kind of horns on his head. The other was a lot shorter and wore a bright smile on his face.

They both got up to shake our hands. I shook the taller man and my body shivered from his ice cold skin. He devilishly smiled at me which was almost colder than his skin. "I am Schlatt."

I nodded and headed my way to the other man and shook his hand.

His eyes were bright with excitement, "Hello (Y/n), I am Quackity. You probably don't remember me but I was at your wedding but I was sitting in the back so you probably didn't see me. I just wanted to tell you thank you for what you did for us."

Thank you. I didn't know how much I was deprived from hearing those words until he said them. I smiled at him.

We all sat down at the table. Dream and I on one side and Schlatt and Quackity on the other.

"Dream no one told me your wife was hot, maybe I should force a woman to marry me too," Schlatt teased.

What a pig!

The room thundered with sound as Dream pounded his hand on the table. "You will not speak about her that way and if you even think about saying some shit like that again I will kill you. We are just here to make sure the alliance still stands."

"I am only joking Dream, no need to be so serious. Yes the alliance still stands, I am dependent on the fact that if Wilbur chooses to rebel you will have our back."

Dream looked over at me, motioning that it was my decision to agree to that term. "Yes we will," I responded.

"Great! Now we just have one more thing to discuss. Your wife."

"Honestly I think you want to die," Dream angrily said and goes to stand up to do what I guess is some serious damage to Schlatt's face. I put my hand on his arm motioning him back down. I wanted to know what he possibly has to say to me.

Schlatt continues looking in my direction, "I don't know if you know how prized you are, I mean everyone wants you. Whether it is to screw you..." he looked over at Dream, "protect you or kill you. I mean you even have Tommy's attention, who might I add wants to apologize to you desperately."

"How do you even kn-"

He pulled out a letter. "It was addressed to Tubbo and God was it sappy. Read it if you don't believe me."

He threw it across the table. I held it in my hand and a part of me wanted to read every last word he had to say because I wanted to forgive him. But I took out my flint and steel and burned the letter to ash because nothing he had to say would make up for him treating me like shit.

"Very well, my point is, that he wanted Tubbo to set a meeting with you. Which is why I need you to agree to meet him to get him out of hiding."

I laughed. "No, as much as I hate him, I don't want him dead. I am not doing that."

"Fine I will give an offer to Dream, one that he cannot refuse."

An offer to Dream? Did he not understand that he has to get me to agree not Dream?

"Bring him in." Schlatt yelled to God knows who.

I heard the creaking of the door behind me and there revealed two guards and a man in handcuffs, someone that I did not recognize.

My ears throbbed with pain as Dream screamed.