Chapter 28

"What happened in the election?" I asked him. Noting in my head that it was quite odd that Wilbur came with.

"Wilbur and I are on the run,'' he answered defeatedly, "I failed L'Manburg. It is now in the hands of just another dictator reversing everything Wilbur did."

I scoffed. What Wilbur has done, no what I have done. Wilbur would have no country without me.

I realized now wouldn't be the time to express my anger towards his friend. "Tommy I am truly sorry. I didn't mean a thing, it was all a part of this contract. . ."

He interjected, "I know Wilbur told me."

He knew? Since when?

"Well then take me with you. There is no point in the contract anymore."

He looked to his feet as he responded to me. "No. You have changed (Y/n). You are so different it hurts to even look at you. Maybe you can blame Dream for the things you have said to me but you have changed. The day you came down for the dinner wearing that dress I knew you were no longer the person I remember."

I laughed. "I wore a dress and suddenly you can't look at me. God do you know how stupid that sounds."

"It isn't just that. You used to ramble on and on about how you wanted a position of power and now you finally have it. I am not going to take that away from you."

"It is my decision and I would give it up in a heartbeat for you," I confessed to him.

"(Y/n) you care about him."

"I don't," I pleaded hoping for him to believe me because I sure as hell didn't.

He went to his backpack and took out a netherite sword. "Fine, prove me wrong then. Kill him."

I stared at him dumbfounded at what he just asked of me, not even asked, commanded.

"We have no more alliance with your husband. He will side with the new president and come after me and Wilbur. So kill him."

He handed out the deadly weapon to my hand. "Are you insane Tommy? You have the audacity to say I have changed and then ask me to murder someone. You are the one that is different."

"Tell me what happened to that girl that was so desperate to save my life that she married herself off to some dictator. You were willing to sacrifice things to save me then, why not now?"

"Why do I have to prove anything to you? How about you prove something to me for once because where were you when an arrow was being shot to kill me? Did you even care?" my voice cracked at my last question. The tears came running down my face at the betrayal I was witnessing.

"I didn't need to save you when you had Dream there to protect you. Your knight and shining armour."

"If he didn't, who would've? You ran away Tommy, you left me to die. Even if I had moved on, I hoped at least you would still be there for me. I thought our friendship meant something to you."

He put his sword away.

There was no way I would've killed Dream for Tommy. At least not this Tommy.

I felt a gust of wind come through the trees. My hair moved my hair back revealing every last inch of my neck.

I watched as his expression changed to pure disappointment. "Should've known you would've become Dream's who-."

His sentence was cut short as a body came towards him and punched him in the face.

I looked at Tommy's nose as it was bleeding profusely and to see the man who did it.

Dream was shaking off his hand that he just used to punch Tommy's face.

I stood there in shock of what just happened. Dream came over and put a hand on my back to direct me back to the cabin.

I snapped back to reality as I walked with him and didn't look back.

"I no longer represent the country of L'Manburg. If it comes to war, let it rain upon them because I will be proud to be on the opposing side." I proclaimed quietly.

I knew Dream heard me as he gave me a supportive pat on the back.