Chapter 36

I am in between if I am mad at him and want to punch him or if I am sad and I want to just know why I wasn't enough for him.

He chose to break the noiselessness. "I know you disagree but.."

"No", I stated, "You don't get to plead your case. I would've fought with you to get him back and then they would both get to live, but no. You aren't God Dream," I huffed with anger, "You don't get to decide who lives and dies."

"So what I was supposed to just let him suffer while you think of some radical plan to get him out of here. (Y/n), I am not your yes man."

I scoffed at his response.

"It isn't like you disagreed on what food we should eat for dinner. You decided that Tommy will die and that isn't a power you should be able to have."

"So I was just supposed to not make a decision?"

Our conversation was cut short as George and some guards walked into our room. They took off his handcuffs and then proceeded to leave.

So it was just the three of us. I thought my day couldn't get worse.

"George!" Dream yelled and went to hug the much shorter man.

I looked towards my shoes because I don't think this is exactly a moment I should watch. It was harder to be angry when I see how happy Dream is.

The embrace ended and the pale man looked towards me.

"I am George. You must be (Y/n)?"

He reaches his hand out and I shake it.

Noticing the confusion on my face he comments, "New prisoners like to gossip."

I nodded my head. I wonder how much George really knows.

He seems like a pretty amable guy but all I can really think about is that he was chosen over me. Despite that, I will do my best to be nice to him because it isn't his fault Dream is a dumbass.

All three of us walk to a railroad that leads us back to home.

Waiting there are two minecarts. Two minecarts for three people, honestly just great.

George hops in to the one in front while Dream and I stand stagnant.

"What are you guys waiting for?" George questioned our halt.

I hesitantly walked to it with Dream following. We sat in it identical to how we did last time because it was the only way we both could fit.

This was different though, because I didn't want to feel the heat from his body on my back. It is unbelievably distracting.

I felt his mouth lower closer to the height of my head.

"I don't think he knows about our current situation. I will explain it to him after he settles in," Dream whispered so George wouldn't hear.

I slowly nodded in agreement. I definitely didn't want to be a part of telling George how Dream and I aren't in the best of terms right now and exactly how we got to this point.

The long journey home gave me some time to think.

I have decided I am going to be angry at him and I am going to have till Friday to make him feel as bad as possible for his decision.

Even though it is so hard to think straight when I can feel his body pressed against mine. This is probably some part of his manipulation tactics too.

* * *

When we arrived back home, I made it clear to him that I will take my old room back and he is no longer allowed to visit me unless it is an important country matter.

I have spent most of the days I have left until Friday with Christmas and Sapnap.

Sapnap is weirdly good company. Despite his obvious bias towards George he doesn't seem to show it. He also doesn't talk about Dream which is unbelievably refreshing.

I have been avoiding him in any way possible because honestly I am hella embarrassed. I feel like everyone now knows I am just the unwanted, second choice girl from L'Manburg.

The truth is, I've also spent most of these days embarrassed. I pleaded with the one man I've ever loved to choose me. Pleaded.  And when Dream chose George, I felt it again. The feeling of not being good enough for someone. 

Yes, in his eyes he chose between Tommy and George, and in my heart I know that. But what kind of message do I send if I go back to him after he hurt me?  

Sometimes I think that I could get over it and be friends with him. Then my mind flashes to the way he makes me feel. The butterflies he gives me and the way I would do anything just to feel his lips on mine.

I don't think Dream and I can be just friends. So hating him is easier.

Hating him is easier than the pain of loving him.

I heard a knock on my door and walked towards it slowly.

I opened it and there was George. I think it was about time we had a real conversation.